1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Tapatalk causing errors after ugprade?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by petertdavis, Aug 2, 2013.

1. petertdavis

petertdavis Well-Known Member

I just moved some of my forums up to 1.2 and the only issue I've noticed is that Tapatalk seems to be kicking some errors out when someone posts. The post still goes through, but you get an ominous looking error pop up on the screen something about Tapatalk. Anyone else seeing something like that?

2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

3. petertdavis

petertdavis Well-Known Member

Thanks, I hadn't seen that. No fix forf it yet?

4. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

5. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

Just tried to upgrade to 1.7.0 tapatalk and tried the above fix but, its no longer on the post.php file...

Code:
    Argument 2 passed to XenForo_Model_Post::alertQuotedMembers() must be of the type array, none given, called in /home//public_html/community/library/Tapatalk/Model/Post.php on line 12 and defined
    XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/Post.php at line 1582
    XenForo_Model_Post->alertQuotedMembers() in Tapatalk/Model/Post.php at line 12
    Tapatalk_Model_Post->alertQuotedMembers() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php at line 121
    XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1411
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 477
    XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_saveFirstMessageDw() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 426
    XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1397
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 681
    XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home//public_html/community/index.php at line 13

6. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

and you've deleted post.php? Because that is still using the file
    /home//public_html/community/library/Tapatalk/Model/Post.php

7. wickedstangs

@MattW Do I delete it completely?

8. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Yeah, you need to totally delete the file.

9. wickedstangs

Fatal error: Class 'Tapatalk_Model_Post' not found in /home//public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model.php on line 195

10. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

and you need to remove

PHP:
    elseif ($class == 'XenForo_Model_Post')
            {

$extend[] = 'Tapatalk_Model_Post';
            }
    from library/Tapatalk/Listener/LoadClassModel.php

wickedstangs likes this.
  11. wickedstangs

That did it.. Thank you. @MattW

MattW likes this.
  12. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

13. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I wonder what new / random things they'll break with this update :confused:

14. wickedstangs

@MattW do you know if the latest version (xf10_1.8.0) works without the mods we did?

15. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

wickedstangs likes this.