Tapatalk and V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumped it after switching to XF2. Not going to use it ever again.
Users told to use browser and they love it. All have quickly uninstalled TapaTalk.

So your forum members prefer the mobile version of the forum?

At the moment, mine like Tapatalk, but the Proboards mobile view in a broswer is naff.

At the moment, mine like Tapatalk, but the Proboards mobile view in a broswer is naff.
Unless things have changed or are different in Proboards than they are in XF and vB, Tapatalk does not run any add-ons you might have or display any monetizing done on your site.

As an example, my game thread add-on displays the game information at the top of the thread. In Tapatalk, all you'd see are the posts below the info. So, when it was first posted, all Tapatalk users would see is "Looks quite interesting...". All of the info above the posts would never be seen in Tapatalk. :eek:
game.webp

In other words, if someone is using Tapatalk, they could be missing out on much of the content on a site.

Unless things have changed or are different in Proboards than they are in XF and vB, Tapatalk does not run any add-ons you might have or display any monetizing done on your site.

As an example, my game thread add-on displays the game information at the top of the thread. In Tapatalk, all you'd see are the posts below the info. So, when it was first posted, all Tapatalk users would see is "Looks quite interesting...". All of the info above the posts would never be seen in Tapatalk. :eek:
View attachment 162881

In other words, if someone is using Tapatalk, they could be missing out on much of the content on a site.
Oh yeah, i agree it misses out on a lot, but my users use it for nofifications.

View attachment 162881

Custom development on forum means custom development inside the app. Thats why the first block isn't showing inside the app.

Tapatalk does not run any add-ons you might have or display any monetizing done on your site.
If you do not use Xenforo to make money, Tapatalk is a great product, I think.
In addition, not all users will use such an app, but a part will also use a mobile browser or a desktop browser.

Yes we have taken a "tough love" stance on Tapatalk. So, I ain't giving them Tapatalk again.
We are customizing our setup with "data logging" and few other diabetes centric tools & facility offered to customers so Tapatalk is useless.
It's a diabetes forum and they have dumped Tapatalk gleefully. They don't mind at all. One less App for them to install and drain battery!

Last edited:
Oh yeah, i agree it misses out on a lot, but my users use it for nofifications.
This is literally the only reason I keep it around and/or use it. Tapatalk pushes notifications successfully to all devices at no charge to me or my sites. The push notifications are persistent, regardless of the forum structure/format/engine. This means that for any thread I am subscribed to in vB sites or watching on xF sites, I get a push notice for every single post made. I don't ever actually USE the TT app, but it tells me when there is activity and then I go to my email or broswer and go right to the site. Unless it's a vB old site and I am not anywhere near a PC, then I use the app.

I don't care how anyone else uses it or how much they hate it, I care that it serves a purpose for me to keep tabs on my sites and it doesn't cost me anything and it works on iOS.

With all the substandard and/or super-expensive options that are out there that all suck big for one reason or another, TT has a purpose if you promote it for use as such for it's advantages and make it totally clear what the disadvantages are t your users.

Tapatalk has push notifications nailed. The rest of the app can bite me.

Not only did their last attempt at a product have gaping security and registration holes on our server (and everyone's), their business practices are shady and underhanded, support is poor if not non-existent, new features are released only half-baked while old bugs are never fixed. Need I go on? We have a thread elsewhere (off-topic area perhaps?) where we all point out the issues we've had with them, so I won't repeat the rest here. Short version: I'll never trust nor will I ever use that horrible product ever again.

I have been using it for over a year, but haven't heard of any security hole with the XF1.5 plugin. Could you tell me when this all happened?
Also, I haven't found any major bugs nor did my users complained about bugs. I have contacted support a few times, they responded properly.

Not only did their last attempt at a product have gaping security and registration holes on our server (and everyone's), their business practices are shady and underhanded, support is poor if not non-existent, new features are released only half-baked while old bugs are never fixed. Need I go on? We have a thread elsewhere (off-topic area perhaps?) where we all point out the issues we've had with them, so I won't repeat the rest here. Short version: I'll never trust nor will I ever use that horrible product ever again.

Embeded google spreadsheets and Taptatalk failed to display. Their support said they won't have any fix for this .
That's one reason for me to never get them back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom