Taking Requests for Free Add-on Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS. @DragonByte Tech, if I search hasgtags or hashtag in Resources, yours does not come up. You might want to fix that, looks like it does a good job with hashtags. :)
I bought full version of this add-on for vBulletin, but in XF, there's only less options as mentioning is built in XF.

Well, hashtags miss a lot of functions to be usable. I suggested them to include some functions into their software, but they never did. So, if you ask me, you can freely skip DBTech's implementation of hashtags for now. It works, but not really the way average person would expect.

Well, hashtags miss a lot of functions to be usable.
What are they missing? I just want a person to type #bicycle and when a user clicks it, it shows a list of that content.

And not to take away from the discussion at hand here. If it does not do this, then I would like to keep my suggestion intact. Or maybe he will consider an add-on that is only hashtags.

What are they missing? I just want a person to type #bicycle and when a user clicks it, it shows a list of that content.
Yeah, one of things I miss the most is just something like this, list of all threads/posts where certain hashtag appears. Preferably accessible from list of all hashtags that exists (and that this list of all hashtags is searchable).

Sorry, I stopped using hashtags on my site and I didn't went a really long time to DBTech's site as they have some pretty strange support policy for paying customers (i.e. they more supported free add-on versions, leaving paying versions hanging in air, I have serious bug with hashtags and their notification add-on (also bought it), notifications for hashtags don't work, but it is mute here on XF, at least I guess so).

So I just gave up and went elsewhere, I need support when I pay for something, at least I think I do.

I will be starting on the list Dec 1, 2020.

This request thread will run for the next 7 days from the date of this thread start date. After the 7th day has passed, I'm going to either ignore future votes/requests or ask a moderator to close this thread.
What did you decide to work on?

Discography Addon XenForo

Part 1 – A Music Discography Index

An addon that collects all relevant details for music releases from existing open sourced databases/APIs and aggregates the data into a pleasing and structured catalogue.

There are some great resources, including –

MusicBrainz
Discogs
AllMusic
Last.fm

The content types/elements would be –

Albums –
Album pages would list the needed information regarding that album. Date of release, full title, formats available, length. Label. Sales figures – Any information available to source/scape/extract.

Singles – Single pages would comprise of tracklisting for the specific single, length of tracks, formats available, lyrics, writers and producers – technical info for the specific track. Relatable information.

Tracks – Much the same as above. Not all tracks belong to a single or an album – which is why this specific element/type/whatever is needed. It would still include relatable information, including lyrics for said track.

Desired

I’m looking for an immersive experience. Visuals and content are important. Integration with social media and Spotify would be fantastic. I’m full of ideas – I’ve wanted to see something like this for years. Something that truly shows off an artist and their back catalogue. Stunning imagery along with great content placement would be a dream.

Part 2 – A Collectors ‘Corner’

Biggest inspiration https://www.joomlathat.com/music-collection

Utilising the base of everything described as above – it would be great to allow fans/members to add releases to their own virtual collection, which would be displayed on their respective profile.

There is a huge collector scene out there for most music artists where there are multiple different formats/releases/editions available for a particular album or single which are highly sort after. It would be great to extract all of these releases for a particular artist and index them within the above described ‘catalogue database’ – and allow fans to browse over this content, and add them to their virtual collections, or favourite/bookmark the items for a later look.

** Many years ago, I had someone build a basic version of this that interacted with Discogs and it worked on Joomla and was integrated/mashed with an addon called Music Collection. See pictures below of the layout used for that addon (again, this is built for Jooma) **

1607643907877.png

1607643928310.png

1607643960363.png

It's quite an ambitious project - but I feel this would be heavily used by others - it would truly be awesome!

Let me know what you think :)

Thank you for your time. I've also attached this as a word document. @Mythotical

Attachments

The Wire Reaction GIF

Discography Addon XenForo

Part 1 – A Music Discography Index

An addon that collects all relevant details for music releases from existing open sourced databases/APIs and aggregates the data into a pleasing and structured catalogue.

There are some great resources, including –

MusicBrainz
Discogs
AllMusic
Last.fm

The content types/elements would be –

Albums –
Album pages would list the needed information regarding that album. Date of release, full title, formats available, length. Label. Sales figures – Any information available to source/scape/extract.

Singles – Single pages would comprise of tracklisting for the specific single, length of tracks, formats available, lyrics, writers and producers – technical info for the specific track. Relatable information.

Tracks – Much the same as above. Not all tracks belong to a single or an album – which is why this specific element/type/whatever is needed. It would still include relatable information, including lyrics for said track.

Desired

I’m looking for an immersive experience. Visuals and content are important. Integration with social media and Spotify would be fantastic. I’m full of ideas – I’ve wanted to see something like this for years. Something that truly shows off an artist and their back catalogue. Stunning imagery along with great content placement would be a dream.

Part 2 – A Collectors ‘Corner’

Biggest inspiration https://www.joomlathat.com/music-collection

Utilising the base of everything described as above – it would be great to allow fans/members to add releases to their own virtual collection, which would be displayed on their respective profile.

There is a huge collector scene out there for most music artists where there are multiple different formats/releases/editions available for a particular album or single which are highly sort after. It would be great to extract all of these releases for a particular artist and index them within the above described ‘catalogue database’ – and allow fans to browse over this content, and add them to their virtual collections, or favourite/bookmark the items for a later look.

** Many years ago, I had someone build a basic version of this that interacted with Discogs and it worked on Joomla and was integrated/mashed with an addon called Music Collection. See pictures below of the layout used for that addon (again, this is built for Jooma) **

View attachment 241814

View attachment 241815

View attachment 241816

It's quite an ambitious project - but I feel this would be heavily used by others - it would truly be awesome!

Let me know what you think :)

Thank you for your time. I've also attached this as a word document. @Mythotical
Very interesting idea, very very interesting.

Very interesting idea, very very interesting.
Message me directly if you want to talk more, or over discord or something.

Apologies - I've just seen the template in your original post.

Permissions -

Set by usergroup -

Viewing selected elements/pages
Editing selected elements/pages/information
Ability to add elements/pages/information

Ability to add to the virtual collection
Ability to moderate reviews/comments should that be included
Ability to display collection / added media/discography to the members' profile

Contact Methods ( Discord - Greg#5995 / Email - greg@behind-the-mask.net )

Many thanks again for your time :)

Last edited:
I have updated my first post with the chosen add-ons and a link for everyone to follow progress and to sign up for beta testing of any add-ons. They will be assigned official names right after this post. I thank everyone who made suggestions, those that were not chosen, do not fret, I have added them to my personal kanban board as suggestions to see if I can manage to develop them. If any of them are small, more than likely they will get created and if for a fee, the person that suggested the add-on gets a lifetime license.

Here is the link to my kanban board: https://roadmap.goblin-technologies.com/b/qKdWn58Gh75o3J4P6/requested-add-ons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom