Taking Requests for Free Add-on Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, but it's on forum home i would like to display prefixes.
sounds like perhaps this one, we are also liking the forum home filter placement ;)

yes, but it's on forum home i would like to display prefixes.
Prefixes are designed to work in the context of the forum. So you may be in the Sony forum and the prefix is TV. If you just see TV on the homepage, you lose the context of Sony, for example. You may have a different use case and more defined prefixes, but a tag cloud may be a better idea for you and using tags this way.

With the add-on above you have the context of the thread title and forum so maybe that will work for you.

Last edited:
Another suggestion: #hashtags
In-post hashtagging using the # and a widget (cloud) would be awesome!

Another suggestion: #hashtags
In-post hashtagging using the # and a widget (cloud) would be awesome!

Post coins, like Reddit's one. Users should've receive some different coins by their activity but not need to limit it for activity, I mean they should be able to manually awarded coins or they buy themself. After then they should be able to send coins on valuable threads, and on the thread (first post) these coins should show up.

I will look into it, it seems to do a lot more of which I don't need so I'll leave my suggestion up as well thanks!

If you just see TV on the homepage, you lose the context of Sony
You don't loose the context because the prefixe is under the node title Sony... Have you read my proposal carefully?
The discussion is to come up with ideas for add-ons, so I propose something that would interest me...

You don't loose the context because the prefixe is under the node title Sony... Have you read my proposal carefully?
The discussion is to come up with ideas for add-ons, so I propose something that would interest me...
I see what you mean. It's not a bad idea. I don't use sub-forums because I don't like them, I use prefixes instead. What you are suggesting is almost like a sub-forum menu under the node, but they are prefixes. Okay you have won me over on this one, I like it.

I have too many prefixes to make that look tidy, but it's not a bad idea.

Exactly, like sub-forums. With the advantage to read all the threads about Sony or read only threads about Sony TV, Sony PS, Sony X, Sony Y, etc... without creating sub-forums and sub-forums and sub-forums...
In addition, the prefixes make it graphically good and encourage users to click on it. Obviously if you have more than 10/12 prefixes it may be less advantageous.

Perhaps there could be a setting:
Show [x] prefixes (and they are ordered by usage)
So if you have 10, and enter 5, you see the top 5 by usage.
The last one could say [more] and you click and see all the prefixes at the top of the forum page.
Hey, just ideas. :)

Also you can do this, I think IPB forum software has that feature but I am not sure. Will be very appreciated if you do it btw.

all these are good, but if you look at a real problem is: there is no

firstly
1. News tab with different grid style
2. Wiki tab - Wikipedia style page
3. Books - shelf style page
4. Documents - to keep all word, excel, pdf files in one place
these four could be created in a single add on
---
secondly
attachments preview
if you have many files uploaded all attachments fills up the whole view
photo preview remains the same, but rar, zip, pdf files preview al list
with an option to replace current attachment icons with custom
---
thirdly
payment gateways that could allow every user to accept money on the forum, but not admin only & sell their products, could be in resources or different tab like "Marketplace".
additional bulk product uploads - like xml, yml & other
---
do big things, your name will be remembered for a long time, otherwise, everyone will forget after little add ons obsolete as time flows very fast!

do big things, your name will be remembered for a long time, otherwise, everyone will forget after little add ons obsolete as time flows very fast!
There's been some very small add-ons that have been huge for me, and I remember their names. ;)

I would even argue, the authors that fix the little annoyances for free or a small fee tend to have very good reputations.

You should create an addon to help you choose which addon from this thread you should create. :D But if you don't like that idea I have one more.

The new Activity summary email feature in XF2.2 looks like it can be extended pretty thoroughly. You can create new sections to make our activity emails even more interactive
Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 2.52.28 PM.webp

Why would you post this? This thread here is a thread for suggesting addons to be created, not make posts that insult me. Please refrain from doing this again.
Very friendly, responsive and attention to detail developer. Highly recommend his work!
Read above.

Why would you post this? This thread here is a thread for suggesting addons to be created, not make posts that insult me. Please refrain from doing this again.

Read above.
Why are you insulted? These members are requesting for something which is already available. I’m only helping out.

Why are you insulted? These members are requesting for something which is already available. I’m only helping out.
Ah nevermind. I'm misunderstanding it all I think, haven't slept in 45 hours so I'm not seeing things clearly at the moment. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom