Taking Requests for Free Add-on Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupara

As part of my business relaunch and rebrand I'm going to open requests here for the next 5 add-ons that people would like to see developed. These 5 add-ons will be released by me for free.

Add-ons that got the most votes (UPDATED):
  1. Post #6 with 5 Likes
  2. Post #71 with 3 Likes
  3. Post #17 with 2 Likes
  4. Post #54 with 1 Like (First part. May do second and third at a later date)
  5. Post #25 with 0 Likes

Information:
UPDATED START DATE: I will be starting on the list Jan 15, 2021.

Thank you all for using my add-ons and/or services. Please stay safe and stay strong during this pandemic.

Frequently Asked Questions:

What about copyright you ask?
I am following another developer's example and not including any copyright on any of these add-ons as a way to say thank you to the community for using my add-ons or services.

What about support?
All support will be handled through the discussion threads that are auto-generated when you submit a new resource. I usually only provide support on my site but not this time.

Will you continue developing these add-ons?
Yes, I will continue developing these add-ons with bug fixes, new features as suggestions come in, and I'm including one extra benefit.

What's this extra benefit you speak about?
The extra benefit is I'll provide minor tweaks to the add-ons for the first 7 days of their releases for users.

How will that work considering you could get a ton of tweak requests?
First off this will be a first-come, first-serve basis where the users will be put in a schedule queue. This schedule queue will be followed, and public, for me to provide the tweaks. Each user that asks for tweaks will receive a new version with their tweaks in it only.

How do we get on this tweak schedule?
All you do is send me a PM once the scheduling begins with an exact description, mocked up screenshots, and any other information necessary I would need to complete the tweak exactly how you want. I will then reply with a short message and your schedule number where you are on the list.

How will I know when you get to my number on the list?
I will send you a PM explaining it is your turn and how long to expect it to take to complete the tweak.

Where can I keep track of the add-ons chosen?
You can join my kanban board here: https://roadmap.goblin-technologies.com/b/qKdWn58Gh75o3J4P6/requested-add-ons
Sign up, if it gives you an issue with signing up, PM here on XenForo, and I'll make sure your account is created and I'll get your password set to a temp password. You shouldn't have any issues but this is where I'll be taking beta test applications.

Last edited:
I would love you forever if you could manage something like this. In an ideal world it would also cater for third-party add-ons that utilise the built-in search functionality, and in my head this would most likely be done by the admin via the admin cp - though I suppose you could make it a user configurable option depending on whether you feel it would be useful..

Hopefully the above link, and the link posted within the suggestion gives you the gist of the idea. Best method of contact would be via PM on here.

I try to avoid dealing with the search function of XenForo but maybe it's time I stop avoiding and try to work with it. I love a good challenge though.

Past the 7 days, but... a relatively simple one for you (hopefully)! :giggle:

Allow for the sorting of admin cp sidebar links that stick after the relevant add-ons are updated, and/or allow for a "switchable" sidebar between stock XF links and add-on links (I'm sure there was a vB3 add-on that did something similar to the latter?).

Vote for Attachments in Media Gallery Comments! :)

The comment editor in MG does not allow attachments. Would love to see this ability.

Comment vs. forum post, profile post, etc.

xenforo mg comment attachments.png
Also would be good with a button.
For layout you could look at a profile post comment. Those replies have limited space and fit the button as well.

Thanks for considering!

Last edited:
Great! I really would love to have this in Media Gallery,
Great to hear as long as you like suggestions posted will help me pick those addons I will be developing.

Update: I left this open longer to allow more replies and suggestions. So keep them coming. I will be asking for this thread to be closed on Dec 11th or make a post that time is up. But keep those suggestions coming.

hello,
nice one...there are a couple i would like to see....i would be pretty surprised to see anyone do this for free but what a happy dream that would be so what the heck lets give em a mention lol...

there is a problem about optimizing image serving because xenforo only gives us options like restricting upload size, or using "full" filesize, even if the system "resizes" it in post anyway....so for this, we need an extra embed size.....a "full" size, that is full in post, allowing original image to be viewed by click but for thread reading it uses the smaller "full" one....this will also increase the practicality of the use of click and drag resizing in editor also as we wont be blurring thumbnails, or forcing ppl to shrink down huge files just for a medium sized embed.

the second idea,
has to do with xen 2.2 and attachment mirroring....
there is no option or interface for users to categorize uploaded content, at the time of uploading....it only goes to one default category, in a big pile of images....which really isnt much help to anyone...close, just needs to be better to really get excited for....

i only just saw this topic, im sure i have other ideas as well but thats a good start :D

regards

hello,
nice one...there are a couple i would like to see....i would be pretty surprised to see anyone do this for free but what a happy dream that would be so what the heck lets give em a mention lol...

there is a problem about optimizing image serving because xenforo only gives us options like restricting upload size, or using "full" filesize, even if the system "resizes" it in post anyway....so for this, we need an extra embed size.....a "full" size, that is full in post, allowing original image to be viewed by click but for thread reading it uses the smaller "full" one....this will also increase the practicality of the use of click and drag resizing in editor also as we wont be blurring thumbnails, or forcing ppl to shrink down huge files just for a medium sized embed.

the second idea,
has to do with xen 2.2 and attachment mirroring....
there is no option or interface for users to categorize uploaded content, at the time of uploading....it only goes to one default category, in a big pile of images....which really isnt much help to anyone...close, just needs to be better to really get excited for....

i only just saw this topic, im sure i have other ideas as well but thats a good start :D

regards
Go ahead and post your other ideas. The more ideas to vote on the better the chances of having a full 5 addon list to develop.

ok, yes we do have a little of a list....here goes the easier ones to find ;P

1. improve gallery editor tool-----there are a few issues on this, firstly lack of pagination, secondly lack of thumbnail embed option.

2. allow shared albums in regular xfmg categories:

3. support exporting articles:

4. cross publish option for media:

5. easy moderation option for merging albums

Another XFMG suggestion :p

Better widget!

I would like a widget for the gallery similar to a forum thread/post widget (sidebar, and full size etc.). So not the slider, or the comments widget, one that looks like the new comments page, with bold titles for unread comments, that get bumped... and it also lists new media that is posted as a bold title (so not just the comments as it is now) with a mini-thumb on the side, and a layout like forum threads. ;)

Here is more info:

Last edited:
I would like an option to print a forum thread just like VB did at one stage (with their Thread Tools)
Just one click
At the moment printing a page or a comment requires higligting it and then clicking print, and you tend to get different outcomes and lots of unwanted content.
(I would pay for that)
XF have been asked several times and they just ignore it)
Andy B has an export thread Add on - but its very tedious

I would like an option to print a forum thread just like VB did at one stage (with their Thread Tools)
Just one click
At the moment printing a page or a comment requires higligting it and then clicking print, and you tend to get different outcomes and lots of unwanted content.
(I would pay for that)
XF have been asked several times and they just ignore it)
Andy B has an export thread Add on - but its very tedious
You should post here and ask for it to be updated, the author is active here:

Settings for how many articles that should be shown on different rows and different pages:

Form/custom fields on a page to feed data.

Data gets presented in table format on a page, which can be sorted, filtered, sidebar with filter able parameters.

Could be a nice project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom