Take this lollipop!

I dont have FB to see what this is all about :(

I do however share a gift regarding FB, Every user with a residence outside of the US and Canada has a contract with “Facebook Ireland Limited” and can request a copy of all personal data FB keeps on you. (request the full CD be sent and not a incomplete ddl)

http://www.europe-v-facebook.org/

Does this turn into privacy debate now?

How's this: facebook is just a website, not your private bank account. You choose what you put on there, and what you accept. No-one is forcing you. Get over it.

lol I post a link of a pretty cool idea and the first mentions are all personal details related, although Rigel did like the site concept itself... I'm not saying GTFO I'm saying facebook is a website people choose to participate in, if they cant read options and stuff or are paranoid about the governement, UFO's or targeted ads, then what are they doing there. Facebook runs the way the owners intend it to run, like how we all run our websites. People seem to expect it to be some uber-private network that sometimes changes their loungeroom furniture layout for no apparent reason. You're just renting the place for free, it's up to you what you put in it, and as the landlord, facebook can knock down whatever walls it wants to put new doors in. If someone has so much personal information on facebook it needs its own htaccess file that is their decision, but it's not something I'd do personally.

Oh OK well in that case I understand clearly that a website wether it is FB or any other, does not in any way grant breaching privacy laws because the site owner has a euphoric belief that their site is above the law.

Lol, when governments, UFO's or targeted ads breach my privacy I shall cross that path when I come to it or whip out my tinfoil hat.

So to get back on topic, what was http://www.takethislollipop.com/ actually about ?

It is like a horror clip, and one done pretty nicely.

The premise is the following, you have a killer/stalker that is somehow interested in you, for whatever reason.
The horror movie begins.

You get to see the stalker collecting information about you. He enters into your Facebook profile, reads some information, views who your friends are . .. then he spots the "Location" which you freely shared in Facebook.

Then he searches in Google Maps. Nice, he knows now where you live. You are on his list now ... time to get on the road ..

The horror movie is personalized, it connects to Facebook, fetches your data and puts that into the stalker's display, you are the center of this story, you are going to be the victim.

Pretty cool. Do not watch at home alone specially if you are suggestionable

How about a screenshot or more info on the site for those of us who do not want to login with facebook?
I would say .. don't be lazy :) Login, see the horror movie, block the app afterwards ! :)
(I actually don't care that much as to login again and take a screenshot, plus, you have to actually see the video music included)

I would say .. don't be lazy :) Login, see the horror movie, block the app afterwards ! :)
(I actually don't care that much as to login again and take a screenshot, plus, you have to actually see the video music included)
I would say... why give free reign to your FB data to some unknown site and then block them after?

That is like opening up your front door to your house, posting a sign saying come & take anything you want, and then the next day closing the door and putting up a new sign saying that, sorry, but the offer was only good for one day.

I would say... why give free reign to your FB data to some unknown site and then block them after?

That is like opening up your front door to your house, posting a sign saying come & take anything you want, and then the next day closing the door and putting up a new sign saying that, sorry, but the offer was only good for one day.
Well... don't :)
And let this thread be for the people that want to talk about the horror video ?

Why I said no and will never find out what this is about:

facebook.webp

Sigh ... fine ....
watch in on youtube, here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can also read more about it, here
http://socialmediatoday.com/steve-o...op-frightening-look-dangers-facebook-stalkers

That also happens on my forums, I post a thread with title "Let's take about XYZ movie" and I get 10 answers of people saying "I did not watch it". Jeez. :)
(I am not surprised, though)

Better video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Okay. So it's a tiny trailer. But the GnR annoyed me and detracted from the feel of the video.

Top Bottom