1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Take a step back and look at the big picture

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Garamond, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

2. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Very much agree.

I dislike the kind of conspiracy theory/ anti-embodiment theory which locates our origins somewhere off this planet. I think it feeds an arrogance, what the Greeks called hubris. Part of the throwaway mentality that uses up our resources here and looks to somewhere else to exploit next (cf. Avatar film)

This also plugs into the contempt for the body which has blighted so much of our culture. According to this view we are made of inferior earth stuff native to this world. But our "true self" is a spark of something else coming from elsewhere. We are accordingly pressured to look away from this world, and fix our hopes on some sparkling pie in the sky/ cosmos.
    All very useful to the rich elites who promote such religions in order to suppress the will to make life better here and now by demanding a fair share of the pie HERE!

Lastly such ideas promote contempt for the body, for sex, and for women who build and nurture new bodies.
    The guilt and hatred based on this apparently pretty idea that we come from the angels/ space visitors is impossible to measure it is so colossal.
    I particularly dislike the biblical gods going in to the daughters of men ... cosmic rape justified by ancient scrolls ... supposedly our ancestry.

Instead I am dedicated to a thealogy of embodiment and immanence. This means that we live HERE our origins are HERE, our lives are in these BODIES. Which are in their own way, sacred and wise. Our task is to care for them, use them well, and care for the Earth with them of which we are part.
    Not masters, but a part or (tiny) member. Further the Divine becomes a dancing changing impossible to define thing of whyich we are part. Not created, any more than we created our own cells. A great Web which is constantly reinventing itself, making mistakes, making beauty. Darklight.