TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Just purchased and tried to install and I get the following error when trying to install the addon after uploading the relevant files:

Code:
Server Error

file_put_contents(): Exclusive locks are not supported for this stream

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
file_put_contents() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 138
Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->regeneratePublicHtml() in Dark/TaigaChat/Install.php at line 213
Dark_TaigaChat_Install->_installVersion36() in Dark/TaigaChat/Install.php at line 83
Dark_TaigaChat_Install::install()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/sites/b/bbtactics.com/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13

I think this may be an issue with the cloud hosting I'm on...

Try enabling the option 'External data compatibility mode', and failing that, disabling speed mode

Hi Luke, thanks for the quick reply, where in xenforo do I find such modes, I just did a google but couldn't find anything from that or in the admin area.

Or is that something related to my hosting and I'll need to contact my hosts to sort out?

Hi Luke, thanks for the quick reply, where in xenforo do I find such modes, I just did a google but couldn't find anything from that or in the admin area.

Or is that something related to my hosting and I'll need to contact my hosts to sort out?

It will be in Admin CP > Options > TaigaChat Pro

After you've changed that I would recommend rebuilding master data to complete the addon installation by going to /install, since it errored out before

TaigaChat Pro isn't there, the problem was when I was trying to install it in the first place. :(

By install I mean after I've chosen the xml file and clicked the install Add-on button.

Currently the only Add-on I've got on the forum is thumbnails by waindigo if that makes any difference.

Do you know how to remove this block please, Luke? The option is disabled and widget framework does not have any widget for this but it still shows up.

Attachments

• members.webp
    members.webp
    1.4 KB · Views: 12
TaigaChat Pro isn't there, the problem was when I was trying to install it in the first place. :(

By install I mean after I've chosen the xml file and clicked the install Add-on button.

Currently the only Add-on I've got on the forum is thumbnails by waindigo if that makes any difference.

Remove the following code from library/Dark/TaigaChat/Install.php and it should allow you to complete the xml installation:

Code:
   protected function _installVersion36()
   {
     /** @var Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat */
     $taigamodel = XenForo_Model::create('Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat');
     $taigamodel->regeneratePublicHtml();     
   }

After installing be sure to disable speed mode or you will continue to get errors

Do you know how to remove this block please, Luke? The option is disabled and widget framework does not have any widget for this but it still shows up.

Add to EXTRA.css:

Code:
#taigachat_online_users_holder { display: none; }

Remove the following code from library/Dark/TaigaChat/Install.php and it should allow you to complete the xml installation:

Code:
   protected function _installVersion36()
   {
     /** @var Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat */
     $taigamodel = XenForo_Model::create('Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat');
     $taigamodel->regeneratePublicHtml();    
   }

After installing be sure to disable speed mode or you will continue to get errors

Gave this a go (after dropping the removing the tables using myphpadmin from the failed attempt and I'm still getting the same problem:

Code:
Server Error

Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->regeneratePublicHtml() in Dark/TaigaChat/Option/Motd.php at line 11
Dark_TaigaChat_Option_Motd::verifyOption()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 346
XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_validateOptionValuePreSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 211
XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_preSave() in Waindigo/Thumbnails/Extend/XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 26
Waindigo_Thumbnails_Extend_XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1446
XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Option.php at line 1131
XenForo_Model_Option->importOptionsAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 324
XenForo_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 226
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/sites/b/bbtactics.com/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13

Gave this a go (after dropping the removing the tables using myphpadmin from the failed attempt and I'm still getting the same problem:

Code:
Server Error

Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->regeneratePublicHtml() in Dark/TaigaChat/Option/Motd.php at line 11
Dark_TaigaChat_Option_Motd::verifyOption()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 346
XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_validateOptionValuePreSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 211
XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_preSave() in Waindigo/Thumbnails/Extend/XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 26
Waindigo_Thumbnails_Extend_XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1446
XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Option.php at line 1131
XenForo_Model_Option->importOptionsAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 324
XenForo_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 226

In library/Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php, before:

Code:
$viewParams = array();

Add:

Code:
return;

Make sure you disable speed mode once installation is complete

@Luke Foreman there is a clear incompatibility with the Live Update mod, or with only taigachat bug that is kinda breaking a xenforo functionality.

That is, i had watch the alerts and just kept the page, once the alerts updated i appeared the box again. Taigachat is breaking on xenforo functionality here, if you open the alerts menu again it won't load, meaning it will display the older alerts and not the new one you just got, default behavior is supposed to re-load the alert box even if you already did.

Is this part of the issue you said it's already known? Will it be fixed?

@Luke Foreman there is a clear incompatibility with the Live Update mod, or with only taigachat bug that is kinda breaking a xenforo functionality.

That is, i had watch the alerts and just kept the page, once the alerts updated i appeared the box again. Taigachat is breaking on xenforo functionality here, if you open the alerts menu again it won't load, meaning it will display the older alerts and not the new one you just got, default behavior is supposed to re-load the alert box even if you already did.

Is this part of the issue you said it's already known? Will it be fixed?

Do you mean the alert bubbles reading zero in the inbox/alerts? I have the issue too and was wondering what was causing it. Have you disabled the shoutbox to see if it resolves, that will rule it out.

Do you mean the alert bubbles reading zero in the inbox/alerts? I have the issue too and was wondering what was causing it. Have you disabled the shoutbox to see if it resolves, that will rule it out.
It is taigachat, i have it on homepage and chat page, and that's the only passes where i see this. Of course first i saw the 0 what wasn't a big deal. What i didn't notice till now is that the alert box won't reload if new alerts appear (via live update addon or just making one ajax call on the present page).

OK, I'll let Luke get back to you again but I can confirm I have the same issue with both these addons installed so whether it is them or not, I can repeat the bug as mentioned by @mauzao9

With your site using this Taigachat addon and also utilizing CLoudflare.
Still works fine until now?
Mine on Cloudflare Pro suddenly stops working today.

Update: You need to enable the https then prune the shoutbox to fix the https issue =\

Posts are a bit slow at submitting now though which is a shame.

Last edited:
Yeah it's up to the developer see if this fixed, forces me to refresh the page to see new alerts on the homepage as the box won't reload sadly.

But side of that, when i installed taigachat it by default added the chat on the homepage. I want to add it under a widget, but... how can i disable the default one? Options don't show anything.

Update: You need to enable the https then prune the shoutbox to fix the https issue =\

Posts are a bit slow at submitting now though which is a shame.

Are you using nginx? If so you need to disable open_file_cache

Yeah it's up to the developer see if this fixed, forces me to refresh the page to see new alerts on the homepage as the box won't reload sadly.

But side of that, when i installed taigachat it by default added the chat on the homepage. I want to add it under a widget, but... how can i disable the default one? Options don't show anything.

Alerts definitely do refresh on pages with taigachat, this was fixed in 1.4.3

Any issues you have with that are likely a further conflict with Live Update. I will check whether it is me or the developer of Live Update who needs to release a fix.

TaigaChat does not add any shoutbox widgets by default - you must have added a template edit or widget framework entry manually. Search your templates for 'taigachat', and check any templates that don't begin with dark_taigachat

@Luke Foreman on the second thing i checked my templates and widgets and there was 2, it auto-added when i actually imported the XML files, so it's good again. :)

On the first issue for test reasons, i have disabled the alerts addon. I can still reproduce this issue with taigachat alone:
  • Go where taigachat is displayed (homepage or chat page)
  • Mouse hover your alerts and close them after.
  • Make it so you'll get one alert
  • Make one ajax call on the current chat page (like open someone's membercard)
With this steps, for me, without the update alerts addon:
  1. The alert box will not reload the alerts (however updates the alert number)
  2. The alert floating box (that appears and fades on the bottom corner) as well doesn't appear.

I also tested this with my default non-modded style for be sure. I am using 1.4.3, is this issue really fixed?

Edit: I already had one account on GamingMasters, i could reproduce this bug there as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom