TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

@Luke Foreman I've come to the point where I need to limit what colors are available for shoutbox use. (Too many users using whites/light colors etc). Is there an easy way to carry out modifying what colors are available?

Can you add support for webm embedding?

I'd imagine this would be done via your own "BB Code Media Sites", not through taigachat. (Ex: I've installed s9e's media code pack and I can embed spotify into the shoutbox now)

I only use the xenforo forums for PART of my site. Is there a way I can get this shoutbox in my home page and on my forums or is it only for xenforo? If it is possible well they both have the same chat feed?

Really really need the ability to be able to choose certain forums to not post new threads from in the shoutbox.

Really really need the ability to be able to choose certain forums to not post new threads from in the shoutbox.

Create a dummy user that can't access those forums and set its id for the option 'forum activity permissions user'.

I only use the xenforo forums for PART of my site. Is there a way I can get this shoutbox in my home page and on my forums or is it only for xenforo? If it is possible well they both have the same chat feed?

You could iframe the popup view (/taigachat/popup) - it is designed to fit into a fixed size space so is perfect for embedding

Luke Foreman updated TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox with a new update entry:

Version 1.4.4

Please expand post to view the update instructions

Changelog:

1.4.4 (29/05/2015):

• Added option to remove the cache buster from the query string of speed mode AJAX refreshes, allowing fast 304 responses on appropriately configured servers.
  • Added option to configure the number of users displayed in the ‘users in chat’ widget, which was...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Do you have any explanation for errors like these?

p1qJy93.png

Do you have any explanation for errors like these?

p1qJy93.png

That could happen if the speed mode html file is served while being written - which should be impossible on most filesystems/setups. Disabling speed mode should fix the issue

Bug:
If a new user replies to a thread then his/her post goes to moderation first, a new thread shout message is posted on shoutbox with the name of the thread.
Similar to this bug I encountered today:
Bug:
If a new user replies to a thread then his/her post goes to moderation first, once approved a new thread shout message is posted on shoutbox with the name of the thread.

Thread starter/author of the thread was deleted if that matters.

Last edited:
Was there ever a way to use the spoiler bbcode in taigachat? How can I do it in the current version?

If you set the option 'BBCode parser level' to 'Full' then the spoiler tag will function as normal

View attachment 107330

For Nginx 1.9.1, What is the right config for this?
Thanks!

Code:
     location /data/taigachat {
       access_log off;
       open_file_cache off;       
       add_header Pragma public;
       add_header Cache-Control "public, must-revalidate, proxy-revalidate";
     }

Similar to this bug I encountered today:
Bug:
If a new user replies to a thread then his/her post goes to moderation first, once approved a new thread shout message is posted on shoutbox with the name of the thread.

Thread started of the thread was deleted if that matters.

Noted to be fixed, however I can't reproduce this without the thread also being deleted which is a very unusual circumstance

I can't make this work properly :/

If your shoutbox is busy there will be nearly no 304 responses as the messages.html file is potentially being updated many times a second. It is more beneficial to smaller sites.

I am using that code on my live site, where about 50% of messages.html requests are 304

Reactions: rdn
Not sure if it's an issue only at my end, but I noticed that when "no cache buster" is enabled, Internet Explorer doesn't show/refresh new messages when idling. Works fine with all other browsers I tested on (chrome, firefox, cm browser (on my mobile)).

Top Bottom