TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

I'm considering whether to use TaigaChat Pro on www.AVForums.com. Can I ask those people with it running on their forums what kind of effect it has had?
Has it increased or reduced the number of forum posts?
Has it Increased or reduced the number of visitors and/or members to the forum significantly?
Is spam a probem?
Is abuse (bad language/disrespecting other members) a problem?
Thank you in advance.

Decreased forum activity.
At the same time, some of my members love and couldn't live without. The problem is than quite often, discussion take place that would be much better as threads.

Decreased forum activity.
At the same time, some of my members love and couldn't live without. The problem is than quite often, discussion take place that would be much better as threads.

LOL, that I agree with!!! Sometimes the censor hammer has been seen!!

I set this up on a forum but I'm experiencing a delay between sending a message and having it appear when using speed mode

I have some suggestions:

I really think there needs to be a timeout button when you highlight someones name with the arrow. A command would help as well - /timeout User
Then in the options you can determine how long that timeout would last. Example 5 minutes. This would work by changing the users permission to view the chat but not be able to post in it.

I have a large forum with 50-200 ppl in the chat at once most of the time and it can be time consuming having to ban and then unban users. I get a lot
of users who only sign up to spam and troll the chatbox. A timeout button like used on Twitch.tv would help tremendously.

There should be a command for banning. Right now there is a command for unbanning (/unban User) but no command for banning.
When there's a lot of messages being posted, a command would be easier than highlighting a user because you could accidentally highlight the wrong name.

I seem to have made a mess of the Message bar.... it is no longer White so you can see the text when typing in the box. For the life of me an't find what controls this in appearances ? Could anyone point me to that ?

FIXED !! Anyone else wondering it's controlled in appearances.... forms ...
Text Control, Focused State ..... background color

I found a bug, maybe.

We only show chat messages and new threads in taiga Chat Pro, not replies.

However, when a reply gets posted via the moderation queue, it appears in the chat using the phrase: dark_posted_new_thread_in_x_x

Somehow it is being identified as a new thread when it is only a reply...

0Zxvhre.png

Needs fixing, any ideas?

Last edited:
I found a bug, maybe.

We only show chat messages and new threads in taiga Chat Pro, not replies.

However, when a reply gets posted via the moderation queue, it appears in the chat using the phrase: dark_posted_new_thread_in_x_x

Somehow it is being identified as a new thread when it is only a reply...

0Zxvhre.png

Needs fixing, any ideas?

This will be fixed in the next update

I just purchased and installed this addon, quick and easy with lots of great options. Thanks!

First quick suggestion. The timestamp on the chat, I'd like the option to display that on the full chat but not on the sidebar if possible. Right now it's all or nothing.

Very interesting.
Just like to know this before i buy.
Is there a way that the chatcontent can be viewed afterwards or does it go away?
Are there plans for seperate rooms in the future releases?

Very interesting.
Just like to know this before i buy.
Is there a way that the chatcontent can be viewed afterwards or does it go away?
Are there plans for seperate rooms in the future releases?
You can archive the chat history to a thread daily.
It already supports multiple rooms however there are caveats. It's described in the addon description.

Top Bottom