TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

I have some members using chrome on vista and they report text in the chat going invisible. Closing the reopening the browser will restore the text.

There is a 'Show new threads and replies' option but it is for all nodes, can there be a option that we can chose that only 1 node his activity is displayed ?
Like that only the new trhreads of the 'Announcements & Updates' node are displayed at the shoutbox.

There is a 'Show new threads and replies' option but it is for all nodes, can there be a option that we can chose that only 1 node his activity is displayed ?
Like that only the new trhreads of the 'Announcements & Updates' node are displayed at the shoutbox.

Yes, create a user that has access to only that section then set the option 'Forum activity permissions user' to the user's ID

That is a solution but then all admins have to login to that account to make a announcement to that node...

No, the option is a view permission check, not 'only display posts by this user'

As long as the user you create can view the announcements section and only the announcements section it will work as you want

Is there a way to disable the youtube aut0-embedding feature of the shout box? I can see this becoming a huge problem if multiple people start posting youtube links.

@Luke Foreman

Last edited:
Bug:
If a new user replies to a thread then his/her post goes to moderation first, a new thread shout message is posted on shoutbox with the name of the thread.

I have 3 questions

1) What is the command for banning someone? to Unban you write /unban user but /ban user doesnt work

2) IS there a way to put a limit on how many users show up in the 'Members in Chat' box. Because When 200 people are in my chat, it pushes content down the page.

3) Is there a way to put a limit on the amount of smilies a user can put in 1 post? Lots of my users spam

SUGGESTION: There should be a timeout button. Where a user can't chat for a certain time period (5 mintues)

Last edited:
Bug:
If a new user replies to a thread then his/her post goes to moderation first, a new thread shout message is posted on shoutbox with the name of the thread.

Confirmed, will fix this in the next update

I have 3 questions

1) What is the command for banning someone? to Unban you write /unban user but /ban user doesnt work

2) IS there a way to put a limit on how many users show up in the 'Members in Chat' box. Because When 200 people are in my chat, it pushes content down the page.

3) Is there a way to put a limit on the amount of smilies a user can put in 1 post? Lots of my users spam

SUGGESTION: There should be a timeout button. Where a user can't chat for a certain time period (5 mintues)

1) You select the ban option in the dropdown next to each message
2) I will add an admin CP option for this in the future, but for now you should be able to adjust the value by searching for $output['limit'] in library/Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php
3) Unfortunately this is not possible currently

Any thoughts on this Luke?

I haven't checked Widget Framework recently (I don't use it), but if you are able to create a custom widget using XF template code, simply insert the following code:

Code:
<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_full" />

Is there a way to disable the youtube aut0-embedding feature of the shout box? I can see this becoming a huge problem if multiple people start posting youtube links.

@Luke Foreman

Either set the option 'BBCode parser level' to 'Basic' or turn off the XF option 'Auto-Embed Media Links' (unfortunately the latter is global)

Reactions: rdn
@Luke Foreman I'm having a very weird issue with the latest flat awesome theme update where in the full chat page the navigation seems to be at the bottom on the screen. Russ said its a missing </div> but I can't quite figure out where the hell to start looking. Any help would be appreciated:

1.webp

@Luke Foreman I'm having a very weird issue with the latest flat awesome theme update where in the full chat page the navigation seems to be at the bottom on the screen. Russ said its a missing </div> but I can't quite figure out where the hell to start looking. Any help would be appreciated:

View attachment 103560

The first thing to check is any modified templates, then other addons and your custom style. There are definitely no HTML nesting issues taigachat itself so it would have to be something else causing it

Hi Luke,

With the forum activity display set to threads only by all users that is fine and does not show posts from private sections however, I am using social groups by waindigo and these are set to private forums but posts show from here also. Is there any way I can exclude any posts within that plugin on the forum so I can re-enable this feature?

Thanks

Hi Luke,

With the forum activity display set to threads only by all users that is fine and does not show posts from private sections however, I am using social groups by waindigo and these are set to private forums but posts show from here also. Is there any way I can exclude any posts within that plugin on the forum so I can re-enable this feature?

Thanks

I'm not quite sure how the social groups addon works, but you should be able to create a user that has access to the social group forums explicitly denied and then set that user ID in the option 'Forum activity permissions user'

Thanks for the reply but we want all users who post on anything public to have their thread shown and not just a single user so would need to stop that plugin entirely unless I misunderstood how what you explained has worked. I can pay for custom work I guess to get someone to have a poke, thanks.

Top Bottom