1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Paid] 1.4.7

The new TaigaChat. High speed, feature-packed realtime chat

1. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Template hooks:

The following template hooks can be used anywhere in XenForo templates or pages:

• dark_taigachat - sidebar shoutbox widget
    • dark_taigachat_alt - full-width, reduced-height shoutbox designed to be used above or below an existing page such as the homepage node list
    • dark_taigachat_online_users - 'members in chat' sidebar widget, requires one of the other hooks on the same page to auto-update
    • dark_taigachat_fake - invisible and non-functional shoutbox intended for auto-updating the online users widget
    • dark_taigachat_full - the full shoutbox page, intended for use via multi-room support on XF Pages or similar
    Syntax is as follows:

<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat" />

Multi-room feature:

Since 1.3.0, basic support for multiple rooms is available. This will likely be expanded upon in the future, but it is a low-priority feature and currently only limited support will be provided for it.

The following non-exhaustive list of caveats currently apply:
    • No separate permissions, though you can use node permissions for basic security
    • No separate activity
    • No separate MOTD, though you could workaround this with template edits
    • No archive support
    • Forum message notifications only appear in the main room
    • Speed mode is forced off in all secondary rooms
    To create secondary rooms, simply add the room parameter to any taigachat hook like so:

<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_full" params="{xen:array 'room=2'}" />
    '1' is the main room, and is the default if no room is specified.

One possible usage is to use the dark_taigachat_full hook as above in a XF Page under the 'Template HTML' field.

Another possible usage is a per-forum shoutbox, which could be achieved by adding this to template forum_view:

<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_alt" params="{xen:array 'room={$forum.node_id}'}" />
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    Valhalla, SneakyDave, toodlez and 8 others like this.
  2. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  3. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

4. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  5. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Now available :)
  6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Needs video chat breh!
  7. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

(y) tested the beta, and have to support all the claims. This is much better than the free version, and I'm planning to buy it for a new site once we open the doors officially.
    Sheldon and Darkimmortal like this.
  8. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Does it have the facility to archive the shouts of the day to a thread?
  9. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Same Forsaken. Has everything I would possibly need. All issues I found addressed immediately, Dark has always provided exceptional support. Impatiently saving now. Hahahaha.
    Darkimmortal likes this.
  10. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Yes, that option is still there.
    TheBigK likes this.
  11. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Bought :)
    Darkimmortal likes this.
  12. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

One thing that might be useful is a message limit kind of thing.
  13. Will

Will Active Member

I am not able to import the widget. I get this error.

This error is also popping up.
    Server Error
    Constant BDBANK_PREFIX already defined
    define() in bdBank/Listeners.php at line 8
    call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
    XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php at line 180
    XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 86
    Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->regeneratePublicHtml() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 267
    Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->updateActivity() in Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/TaigaChat.php at line 89
    Dark_TaigaChat_ControllerPublic_TaigaChat->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  14. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

20 British pounds sterling = 31.7360 US dollars

Is changing text color disable in test forum? I get the below error
  15. Sway

Sway Active Member

Grabbing this soon! :3
  16. M@rc

M@rc Well-Known Member

I'm definitely going to buy this, soon (to replace CometChat).
  17. Rho Delta

Rho Delta Well-Known Member

What does this cost in USD?
  18. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

This is absolutely fantastic. Will buy it immediately.
  19. lasertits

lasertits Active Member

Love all the changes & new features!

One thing I noticed though was it doesn't seem the shoutbox loads the chat at the bottom, but rather somewhere in the middle. What I mean is on page load it loads like so:

Instead of at the bottom where the most recent messages are:

It does this on the full view as well. Tried it in a different browser and got the same behavior. Is this due to the new speed-mode or something? The free version I currently have installed loads showing the most recent messages / is scrolled to the bottom on page load. Is this an isolated issue only I'm having? At any rate I'm definitely hoping to purchase this soon, but would love it if this scroll issue wasn't present.

While I'm on the subject of minor issues, the input field for the message goes out of the container when the browser window is re-sized. I noticed though the width is set on page load depending on the window size so this might be a non-issue.
  20. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

I can confirm there is an error message when you select a color from the overlay. Tested this on your forum: