TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

I realize this is a longshot since many add ons normally don't work together, but I installed the add on "sonnb Profanity Filter" which allows users to turn off the profanity filtershttps://xenforo.com/community/threads/sonnb-profanity-filter.34298/hoping maybe there was a chance it'd work with Taigachat.

It doesn't seem work on TaigaChat, anyway to get the two working together? Maybe there's some kind of minor code change that someone who knows more about this than I do could provide?

Luke Foreman updated TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox with a new update entry:

Version 1.4.3

Please expand post to view the update instructions

Changelog:

1.4.3 (22/03/2015):
  • Fixed alerts not appearing when re-focusing the window/tab on pages where the shoutbox is present
  • Added option for faster updating of ‘users in chat’ when speed mode is enabled, aimed at smaller forums.
  • Added option for compatibility with [bd] Data Storage,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I realize this is a longshot since many add ons normally don't work together, but I installed the add on "sonnb Profanity Filter" which allows users to turn off the profanity filtershttps://xenforo.com/community/threads/sonnb-profanity-filter.34298/hoping maybe there was a chance it'd work with Taigachat.

It doesn't seem work on TaigaChat, anyway to get the two working together? Maybe there's some kind of minor code change that someone who knows more about this than I do could provide?

Unfortunately this is not a simple change, as the profanity filter addon has explicit code for normal XF threads, and entirely different code would need to be added to it to support taigachat messages.

It would be awesome if you could add an option for when to display timestamps and avatars. It's great on the desktop, but takes up half the width of most mobile screens.

You can do that with css, e.g. add this to EXTRA.css:

Code:
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
{
    #taigachat_box .DateTime, .taigachat_avatar { display: none !important; }
}

@Luke Foreman Is there a way to change the format of /me?

You can adjust it with CSS, e.g. to make it bold:

Code:
.taigachat_me .taigachat_messagetext { font-weight: bold !important; }

You may also wish to cancel out the default italics, which would be:

Code:
.taigachat_me { font-style: normal !important; }

You can adjust it with CSS, e.g. to make it bold:

Code:
.taigachat_me .taigachat_messagetext { font-weight: bold !important; }

You may also wish to cancel out the default italics, which would be:

Code:
.taigachat_me { font-style: normal !important; }
Thanks luke! Where is it? What .css file?

For those with a fast server who want maximum performance, which settings would you recommend?

I have speed mode enabled, focused refresh time at 0.4, and It seems there is a 2-6 second delay from the time you enter a message to the time it shows it in the box.

We're running LiteSpeed, Percona, LiteSpeed Cache, Memcached, and ZendOPcache, if any of that matters.

For those with a fast server who want maximum performance, which settings would you recommend?

I have speed mode enabled, focused refresh time at 0.4, and It seems there is a 2-6 second delay from the time you enter a message to the time it shows it in the box.

We're running LiteSpeed, Percona, LiteSpeed Cache, Memcached, and ZendOPcache, if any of that matters.

Delays like that are most commonly caused by caching of the data/taigachat/messages.html file at some point in the chain (e.g. nginx open_file_cache). I'm not familiar with litespeed, but I guess it's possible they default to a few seconds caching of static files (normally a safe bet, but not for taigachat)

If you have a fast server, you may actually get better performance by disabling speed mode, as it will use significantly less bandwidth and should appear more responsive, at the expense of extra server cpu.

Luke, sorry to bother you, is there a way to add when someone types in /me that is says *Tower says blah blah
In dark_taigachat_message replace:

Code:
    <a {xen:if $message.user_id, 'href="{xen:link members, $message}" '}class="username" itemprop="name"><xen:if is="{$message.usernameHtml}">{xen:raw $message.usernameHtml}<xen:else />{xen:helper richUserName, $message}</xen:if></a><xen:if is="!{$message.me} && !{$message.activity}">:</xen:if>

with:

Code:
    <xen:if is="{$message.me}">*</xen:if><a {xen:if $message.user_id, 'href="{xen:link members, $message}" '}class="username" itemprop="name"><xen:if is="{$message.usernameHtml}">{xen:raw $message.usernameHtml}<xen:else />{xen:helper richUserName, $message}</xen:if></a><xen:if is="!{$message.me} && !{$message.activity}">:</xen:if>    
     <xen:if is="{$message.me}"> says </xen:if>

@Luke Foreman I'd like to request a feature for this Add On please. Would you make it so it somehow hooks with XenGallery or even Xenforo's only Gallery system, it will post it in chat. So when someone posts a new album, or photo, it will put a link to it in the chat box? Give us options of control, so it doesn't spam if they post a Ton of photos or something, But it be cool to know when people are posting photos in the gallery more often while sitting in the chat room.

Is it possible to change width of this: dark_taigachat_alt
I mean, im gonna use it instead of the youtube chat, so on a specified page - i´d like to have the YT video stream and chat next to each other.

Top Bottom