TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

P.S. We did our first real world test with the chat room tonight and it worked pretty well with 180 folks popping in for an hour. Props!

Ray

I got two minor problems with the taigachat-widget.
In Xen Framework there is the option 'Shadow under sidebar blocks'.
That's not working for the taigachat block.

The second problem. The link from the block leads to the index.php of the forum, not to the chat.
Either it should lead to the chat, or there should be no link at all.

Is there a solution?

upload_2015-1-23_17-32-24.webp

Hi all I am looking how to please her?
8db57b7c72254b8ab350b79fec7ac95c.png
that is to say the tags on the shootbox by the pseudo member with color group and not just
BOtKEML.png
please thank you

My Taigachat extension with the ability to "heart" shoutbox posts is almost done. It also has a section that shows the top rated comments of the day. Pretty excited to see it come together!

Members on my forums have notified me that people can see notifications of threads being made in subforums they do not have access to.
The user group ID is set to 2, which is the registered usergroup, and the threads they can see being posted are in our staff subforums, which normal members can not see.

Any help on this?

"Members in Chat" using the Widget Framework doesn't link to the chat but the portal page, which somewhat puzzles my users.
Is that normal behavior? That navigation link works fine.

Thanks in advance!

Message notifications in tab/window title
A new optional feature: while in the full shoutbox and the tab or window is unfocused, the title will be flashed to grab your attention when a new message is posted, akin to Facebook messenger.
if7y.gif

Optional?? How can Activate this feature?

I noticed the auto posting/archiving of chat to a thread takes a long time to post to... Is this by design? What's the normal time frame for it to start posting the transcript?

Thanks,
Ray

Any luck at getting a response to this? We just had a chat last night and it was not archived so our customers are asking what happened.

Ray

I noticed the auto posting/archiving of chat to a thread takes a long time to post to... Is this by design? What's the normal time frame for it to start posting the transcript?

Thanks,
Ray

It will post to the archive every 24 hours, during the cleanup cron job. Increasing the frequency of the cron job is not recommended.

I got two minor problems with the taigachat-widget.
In Xen Framework there is the option 'Shadow under sidebar blocks'.
That's not working for the taigachat block.

The second problem. The link from the block leads to the index.php of the forum, not to the chat.
Either it should lead to the chat, or there should be no link at all.

Is there a solution?

View attachment 95854

I will look into these issues for the next update
I can't seem to locate the list of commands for mods/admins to use. I thought it was once here, but....

The commands available are /prune, /unban <username> and /me <message>

Members on my forums have notified me that people can see notifications of threads being made in subforums they do not have access to.
The user group ID is set to 2, which is the registered usergroup, and the threads they can see being posted are in our staff subforums, which normal members can not see.

Any help on this?

It takes a user id, not a user group ID. This is by design to support complex permission hierarchies. I'd recommend creating a 'fake' user with the correct permissions and setting it to their user id.

"Members in Chat" using the Widget Framework doesn't link to the chat but the portal page, which somewhat puzzles my users.
Is that normal behavior? That navigation link works fine.

Thanks in advance!

I will address this in the next update

if7y.gif

Optional?? How can Activate this feature?

Enable the option 'Show alert in window title when new message received'

Noticed an issue @Luke Foreman - third party add ons that do stuff with BBCode get disabled within the shoutbox.

This is typical of all major XF addons and is a bit of an oversight in XF's core design - any major new bbcodes need explicit support added for everywhere they are to be displayed

It's great when it works.
I am hosting it on Windows Server 2012 R2, with IIS 8.5, PHP 5.5 and MySQL 5.5.
Every a few hours, the chat stops working, I get a popup that says "The requested page is unrepresentable in JSON" and then no messages are displayed and no way to send a message. The only fix is to prune the chats. Please fix ASAP.

It's great when it works.
I am hosting it on Windows Server 2012 R2, with IIS 8.5, PHP 5.5 and MySQL 5.5.
Every a few hours, the chat stops working, I get a popup that says "The requested page is unrepresentable in JSON" and then no messages are displayed and no way to send a message. The only fix is to prune the chats. Please fix ASAP.

This is the first I've heard of any issue like that. Are there any errors in the xf error log? Also try disabling speed mode if it is enabled, or vice-versa.

This is the first I've heard of any issue like that. Are there any errors in the xf error log? Also try disabling speed mode if it is enabled, or vice-versa.

There is no message in xf error log.
It also happened on Windows Server 2008 R2 with IIS 7.5 and same versions of PHP and MySQL
Now I've enabled speed mode, lets see if it works...

There is no message in xf error log.
It also happened on Windows Server 2008 R2 with IIS 7.5 and same versions of PHP and MySQL
Now I've enabled speed mode, lets see if it works...

From looking through XF code behind that error, I think the cause may be non-UTF8 string data finding its way into your database, as that will cause the php function json_encode to return false in PHP 5.5 and later, and from this XF will produce the error message you are seeing. Check that your database and table collations are something along the lines of utf8_general_ci, and that IIS isn't overriding the charset in the content-type header to something other than utf-8. If you type foreign characters in the shoutbox, does the error message appear shortly after?

Database is fully in utf8_general_ci
What I found in IIS capable of causing this problem is that "Dynamic content compression" was enabled, I disabled that compression, now I will wait to see if the issue comes back or not.

This is typical of all major XF addons and is a bit of an oversight in XF's core design - any major new bbcodes need explicit support added for everywhere they are to be displayed

My understanding is that you're not initializing the BBCode parser normally, just doing a normal PHP class init (basically will not run any event listeners). You need to initialize the BBCode parser normally in the addon.

Top Bottom