TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Hello , I wanted to know how to put the MOTD here @Luke F

nos1EPh.png

Thanks bro :)

Two questions:
  • Is there a way to set (hard code) colors for my users, rather than them setting their own?
  • When discord API is released, any chance you are going to integrate? I love, love, love you chatbox and how it looks.. but I'd love to integrate with Discord so I don't have a different conversation on my forums thant I do in Discord.

TxrgGZj.png
'
Is there a way to enable rich username to the users in the shoutbox? cant seem to find this option i remember having this before. Just really cant seem to find it lol.

Rich usernames should be working out of the box, might be an issue with your custom style?

How is this addon with php7, my host claims this is an outdated addon and could be degrading performance for a large forum?

Thoughts?

Works perfectly with PHP 7, not sure where your host is getting their information from

I have a problem with my taigachat 1.4.7

luH7nAq.png

it's a time when I try to write something about the shoutbox nothing appears, I'd like to know why I use XenForo 1.5.6 and I Cloudflare
I need your help.​

That is most likely a Javascript error from something else on your site blocking TaigaChat from functioning correctly. Can you send me a link to your site and a test account?

Hey - I have a rather subtle bug in my TaigaChat related to permissions.

I have a XenForo group we call "Shoutbox Jockeys" - who monitor our chat behavior, ban people, etc. Recently their ability to edit messages has been abused, so I went into the user control groups, and disabled "edit/delete posts by anyone" from their group. As expected, this removed their ability to edit messages posted by other people.

But it ALSO (and we've done several tests to confirm) removed their ability to ban people! Very unfortunate. Is this a known bug?

Yes it seems there is a logic bug there, in taigachat.js find:
Code:
        if( (taigachat.canModify && XenForo.visitor.user_id == $(this).data('userid')) || taigachat.canModifyAll ){
Replace with:
Code:
        if( (taigachat.canModify && XenForo.visitor.user_id == $(this).data('userid')) || taigachat.canModifyAll || taigachat.canBan ){

Hello , I wanted to know how to put the MOTD here @Luke F

nos1EPh.png

Thanks bro :)

To add an MOTD you can either set it in admin cp > options > taigachat pro, or double click the empty area near 'chatbox'

Two questions:
  • Is there a way to set (hard code) colors for my users, rather than them setting their own?
  • When discord API is released, any chance you are going to integrate? I love, love, love you chatbox and how it looks.. but I'd love to integrate with Discord so I don't have a different conversation on my forums thant I do in Discord.

You can stop your users setting colours by disabling the 'Use persistent message color' permission

No plans to integrate with Discord at the moment sorry

My TaigaChat Pro has suddenly stopped working.

Server Error
file_put_contents(/home/hp3-linc1-nfs2-z/183/40183/user/htdocs/mysite/data/taigachat/messages.html.4750787.tmp): failed to open stream: Permission denied

I deleted the add on and tried to reinstall but now from ym server Im getting this when the addon.xml is trying to upload.

Code:
Server Error

file_put_contents(/home/hp3-linc1-nfs2-z/183/40183/user/htdocs/mysite/data/taigachat/messages.html.4750787.tmp): failed to open stream: Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
file_put_contents() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 122
Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->regeneratePublicHtml() in Dark/TaigaChat/Option/Motd.php at line 10
Dark_TaigaChat_Option_Motd::verifyOption()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 366
XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_validateOptionValuePreSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 222
XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1460
XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1399
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Option.php at line 1131
XenForo_Model_Option->importOptionsAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 324
XenForo_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 226
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 188
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/hp3-linc1-nfs2-z/183/40183/user/htdocs/mysite/admin.php at line 13

Any ideas guys?

My TaigaChat Pro has suddenly stopped working.

Server Error

I deleted the add on and tried to reinstall but now from ym server Im getting this when the addon.xml is trying to upload.

Code:
Server Error

file_put_contents() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 122
Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->regeneratePublicHtml() in Dark/TaigaChat/Option/Motd.php at line 10
Dark_TaigaChat_Option_Motd::verifyOption()
call_user_func_array() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 366
XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_validateOptionValuePreSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php at line 222
XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1460
XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1399
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Option.php at line 1131
XenForo_Model_Option->importOptionsAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 324
XenForo_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 226
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 188
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/hp3-linc1-nfs2-z/183/40183/user/htdocs/mysite/admin.php at line 13

Any ideas guys?

chmod 777 (or equivalent) /data/taigachat and it's contents

We are using XenForo 1.5.2. We are using the TaigaChat Pro 1.4.7 Add-on. In the Widgets area, we are using Shout Box with the Renderer set to TaigaChat Pro Shoutbox (Sidebar). It is set to display in the following positions: account_personal_details, conversation_list, conversation_view, forum_list, forum_view, help_bb_codes, help_cookies, help_index, help_smilies, help_terms, help_trophies, member_list, member_view, thread_view, watch_threads .

The problem is, in certain areas of the forum the chat box appears empty. It has a 0 at the top as if there are no posts, and it just shows white space where the content should be. This always happens while viewing a thread, but when I go back to the main page of the forum it lists the posts in the box again. What might cause this issue?

I have searched for an answer to this but have not been able to find one, is there a way to block links in the chat? Maybe I'm weird, but I hate when members just post a link with no comment. It feels very spammy to me. Even though the links usually have relevance, I'd rather them have to take the time and tell people where to find the info vs just posting a link and leaving. Is there a way to do this?

Has there been any further progress with allowing TaigaChat to provide updates via "Live Update" or "Tab Update"? Last message was March of last year with you stating you'd check to see if it was on your end or ChrisD's.

Really, I just want to see an option to either force taiga updates via the alerts system or allow the user to request updates via the alerts system. Or see the title bar change be a bit more clean (e.g. use a numerical indicator instead of a text change).

Last edited:
I have following issue with just updated TaigaChat 1.4.7 on XF 1.4.2 (It worked before update on TaigaChat 1.3.0 xf 1.4.2): When I doubleclick on a chat message, it opens the overlay for editing or deleting a message. When I click on delete, it opens URL /shoutbox/111/delete with "Error" as title and "This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again.". If I press back button and try again it still doesn't work. I use Speedmode and since a month ago with HTTPS compatibility mode.

Can you please help me to be able again to delete messages by doubleclick overlay?

We are using XenForo 1.5.2. We are using the TaigaChat Pro 1.4.7 Add-on. In the Widgets area, we are using Shout Box with the Renderer set to TaigaChat Pro Shoutbox (Sidebar). It is set to display in the following positions: account_personal_details, conversation_list, conversation_view, forum_list, forum_view, help_bb_codes, help_cookies, help_index, help_smilies, help_terms, help_trophies, member_list, member_view, thread_view, watch_threads .

The problem is, in certain areas of the forum the chat box appears empty. It has a 0 at the top as if there are no posts, and it just shows white space where the content should be. This always happens while viewing a thread, but when I go back to the main page of the forum it lists the posts in the box again. What might cause this issue?
Any help on this issue? We are still having the same problem. The Shout Box works in most areas, but an empty Shout Box with a 0 is displayed while viewing a thread. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey, we're having a peculiar issue with chat disappearing momentarily after everyone sees it, only to reappear about 10 seconds later.
Here's what I mean:
http://it.doesnt.fit/hbvynx.mp4

I'm guessing it may have something to do with speed mode and the amount of chat going on, but I was hoping perhaps someone else has already run into this issue before and knows a fix?

Sorry for the typing noises. I was in Teamspeak with someone who always has their mic set to voice activation.

Last edited:
I got this error while trying to install:

Code:
Server Error

file_put_contents(): Exclusive locks may only be set for regular files

file_put_contents() in Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php at line 138
Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->regeneratePublicHtml() in Dark/TaigaChat/Install.php at line 213
Dark_TaigaChat_Install->_installVersion36() in Dark/TaigaChat/Install.php at line 83
Dark_TaigaChat_Install::install()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/admin.php at line 13

Last edited:
hi i'm not sure is it been asked before but got this problem on my friends forum its keep posting user activitys how can i stop it pls
Selection_019.webp

Top Bottom