TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Found a minor issue - with forum activity on, if a forum category or thread title has & in it, it'll show up as & instead.

Noted :)

Only other thing I wouldn't mind having is multi-room support with the option of saving your room preference as you browse the site.

Multi rooms are a possibility for the future, but would mean refactoring a very large portion of the addon (it's designed with a single instance in mind)

I replaced Comet Chat to.

Also, How do I edit the background chat. I have a dark theme, and the white chat box looks horible.

Simply add css rules to EXTRA.css (use dark_taigachat.css for reference)

e.g. to change the background to #121212

Code:
#taigachat_box li, #taigachat_box { background: #121212 !important; }

Reactions: DBA
Ya i figured out the BG.

Can't figure out how to change the backround of the Shoutbox and MOTD Like set so:

esrv.png

Mine has nothing and would like to add something similar to that but for a dark theme.

Ya i figured out the BG.

Can't figure out how to change the backround of the Shoutbox and MOTD Like set so:

esrv.png

Mine has nothing and would like to add something similar to that but for a dark theme.

You can use your browser to inspect page element and get the css name. For the background, you need to change this css: #taigachat_box
For MOTD, #taigachat_motd (but it's the container is a span, so you can't apply all css properties)

I noticed when I used the Widget Framework plugins....

The Members in Chat does not work if the ShoutBox is not active on the page.
In otherwords, you can't use JUST the "Users in Chat".

Also...

It seems the sidebar is cached pretty good when it is used in the Widget Framework

I'm still getting this when ever I make a new post/thread as well
Some of my members are reporting false alerts with Speed Mode activated. 4 users all reported getting 31 Alerts around the same time last night.

I have upgraded to 1.0.2 but now shouts are not appearing in my custom style (they appear in the default style), which is odd because I haven't touched any javascript files. When I click at the submit button, there seems to be a javascript error because of the loading animation in the top right corner never disappearing. I have deinstalled Taigachat and reinstalled it, but nothing changed. Speed Mode or not Speed Mode doesn't make a difference. With the previous version shouts are working.

Edit: Never mind. I had modified the dark_taigachat_chatbox template without using TMS due to my laziness and the upgrade didn't overwrite it so it seems. After I manually deleted it, I reinstalled Taigachat and now it works.

Here is a suggestion: Include an option to disable the popup view of taigachat. I moved the motd up to the node title and in popup view there is no node title. Plus the chat looks kind of naked in popup view :p

Hi,
tried to purchase, but the link to buy don´t work (at the moment).
Could you help?
Greetings, Peter

This has now been resolved, sorry about that.

Here is a suggestion: Include an option to disable the popup view of taigachat. I moved the motd up to the node title and in popup view there is no node title. Plus the chat looks kind of naked in popup view :p

Will add an option

Here is another suggestion: Personally I like to write and read bolded text in chats. How about enhancing the color picker with an option to permanently set the font weight to bold?

I noticed that users who are invinsible don't appear in the "members in chat" widget, not even for admins. Imagine you have 20 members in your community invinsible and chatting in the chat. A new member comes in and see that he is the only one online but new shouts keep getting posted. He would think that he is in a ghost chat or something, lol.

So I suggest to make invinsible users visible in the chat, for everyone.

Top Bottom