TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Here is a Newbie question, Bought it , downloaded and then uploaded , ran the install XML
Checked the settings , but I don't see it on any of my styles .. So I guess my question is

How do you turn it on lol :)

You can find full installation instructions on the resource page: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/taigachat-pro-realtime-chat-shoutbox.1224/ (scroll down a bit)

The two key points beyond uploading + installing xml are:

- Configure permissions
- Apply template edits or enable widget framework widgets

I was wondering if this extra space before "Enter Message"-input field is truly desired kind of styling @Luke Foreman?
extraspace.webp

At least I get the feeling that one without the extra space could look a bit cleaner, of course I suppose it is just a matter of taste.
noextraspace.webp

I read the description carefully but I'm not understanding how this addon works exactly. Can members have private chat? Because I do not want that on my forum. I'm looking for a live chatbox for the sidebar where anyone can post a comment in the box and everyone can see it, but no one can have private chat with anyone else that isn't in view of the entire forum. Can this add on do that?

I read the description carefully but I'm not understanding how this addon works exactly. Can members have private chat? Because I do not want that on my forum. I'm looking for a live chatbox for the sidebar where anyone can post a comment in the box and everyone can see it, but no one can have private chat with anyone else that isn't in view of the entire forum. Can this add on do that?

There are no options for private chats. It's public chat only.

Hi there , is there a way to have the link to a new thread open in the same window rather then a new page ?
Just thinking there is no reason to have the user go to a new page , all in the same forum :)

Hi there , is there a way to have the link to a new thread open in the same window rather then a new page ?
Just thinking there is no reason to have the user go to a new page , all in the same forum :)

I have my browser (Opera & FF) settings such that mine open in a new tab right beside my forum. You can also set most browsers so that new link do not open a new window or tab at all, and will open in the tab/window you're in. The new thread links in my shoutbox perform the way I tell all links to behave via my browser settings.

yes you can set your Browser that way bit the Link you clink in the Shoutbox (on a new thread choice) should open into the current window , I am wondering if it is just a option I am missing :)

I need a white background for the box. I found the template that has the code in dark_taigachat.css - the background color code is (I think):

#taigachat_box { height: 300px; border: 1px solid @primaryLighter; padding: 5px; margin: 5px -2px 0 -2px; overflow: auto; overflow-y: scroll; font-size: 11px; background: @primaryLightest; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; }

and also:

#taigachat_box li { /*background: @primaryLightest;*/ margin-bottom: 6px; }

My question is how can I get the backgroun to be white? The "lightest" happens to be the exact same color as my forum background and is not easy on the eyes everything gets lost in a big haze. I tried using background color codes @primaryWhite; and also @primaryLighterStill but it didn't change anything. The "Enter Message" box is white and that's what I'm aiming at for the actual box color too - how to do this?.

Just purchased and installed. This is a pretty sweet realtime chat addon,...
I have noticed one thing weird though,,,

Anyone have any idea why a member that logged out is still showing up in the members in chat widget?

It is very strange because he logged out an hour ago and other users are all coming and going in the chat but his username seems to be stuck 'in chat'.

Edit: It is happening with a couple members now, ...

Looks like some kind of caching time setting or something?

EDIT 2: Please excuse the bonehead... I just realized that it is probably because they closed the tab that had the site loaded but didn't close their taigachat popup window,
facepalm.gif

Just tested this and I guess it is not the case.. They are indeed staying logged into taigachat after logging off....

Last edited:
i need / want a way that i can restrict certain bb codes accessible to certain user groups. such as i want to make the bbcode to post images in the shout box available to my vip members only group or to certain selected groups

made a thread in relation to this i need this answered asap if possible because the spam using images bb code is unexceptable any more! - only my vip members should have permissions to use all bb codes within shoutbox i need this restriction

i need a way to restrict bbcodes according to user group permissions because my shout box is constantly getting spammed. i have random users making accounts posting "inappropriate" images in my shoutbox. i need a way i can make that only my vip members group can use the tags within the shoutbox or make my registered members have a higher post count before they can use those tags in the shoutbox.

i need this, the spam in my SB is unexceptable!

Last edited:
Just purchased and installed. This is a pretty sweet realtime chat addon,...
I have noticed one thing weird though,,,

Anyone have any idea why a member that logged out is still showing up in the members in chat widget?

It is very strange because he logged out an hour ago and other users are all coming and going in the chat but his username seems to be stuck 'in chat'.

Edit: It is happening with a couple members now, ...

Looks like some kind of caching time setting or something?
EDIT 2: Please excuse the bonehead... I just realized that it is probably because they closed the tab that had the site loaded but didn't close their taigachat popup window,
facepalm.gif

Just tested this and I guess it is not the case.. They are indeed staying logged into taigachat after logging off....

Bump^^^^^

Also if you pick a color from the color chooser there doesn't seem to be an option to reset your choice back to default. Am I just over looking something here?

I do want to mention all these little things I'm being fussy about aside, my community loves this software. It is quite awesome! :)

Last edited:
Bump^^^^^

Also if you pick a color from the color chooser there doesn't seem to be an option to reset your choice back to default. Am I just over looking something here?

I do want to mention all these little things I'm being fussy about aside, my community loves this software. It is quite awesome! :)

I'm quite sure there is no setting to reset you have to venture back in and change the colour to your preference. I personally have font colours switched off and assign a colour to everyone globally via extra since i use 4 styles which are dark and light and the colours tend to clash. But there's not an option that I could ever see other than going back into the font colour palette and changing it to another colour.

Bump^^^^^

I'm quite sure there is no setting to reset you have to venture back in and change the colour to your preference. I personally have font colours switched off and assign a colour to everyone globally via extra since i use 4 styles which are dark and light and the colours tend to clash. But there's not an option that I could ever see other than going back into the font colour palette and changing it to another colour.

Thanks Shelly. That is what I thought but I just wanted to check. I really like the /prune command. That is so handy! :)

Thanks Shelly. That is what I thought but I just wanted to check. I really like the /prune command. That is so handy! :)

np. I actually agree it would be a nice feature to have to be able to reset your font colour (i'm sure i mentioned it before) so agree a reset option would be nice. :)

Yeah, the prune and chat overall is pretty awesome I wouldn't expect anything less than an exceptional product from luke. :)

Top Bottom