TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Is there a function to have the chat in its own page instead of displayed at the top of the forum or in a side bar? So members could open another tab purely for the chat whilst browsing the forum?

I have upgraded to new Xenforo the other day, and now shoutbox is no longer listed on my forum_list.

I made sure it exists in forum_list.

The Navigation fullscreen shoutbox works fine.

I have uninstalled- and re-installed the shoutbox.

and added to forum_list:

<xen:include template="dark_taigachat"><xen:set var="$taigachat_alt">1</xen:set></xen:include>

<xen:hook name="forum_list_nodes">
<xen:if is="{$renderedNodes}"><xen:include template="node_list" /></xen:if>
</xen:hook>

I have upgraded to new Xenforo the other day, and now shoutbox is no longer listed on my forum_list.

I made sure it exists in forum_list.

The Navigation fullscreen shoutbox works fine.

I have uninstalled- and re-installed the shoutbox.

and added to forum_list:

<xen:include template="dark_taigachat"><xen:set var="$taigachat_alt">1</xen:set></xen:include>

<xen:hook name="forum_list_nodes">
<xen:if is="{$renderedNodes}"><xen:include template="node_list" /></xen:if>
</xen:hook>

Are permissions definitely set up ok?
Are there any issues with template inheritance/updates that could have affected it?

Are permissions definitely set up ok?
Are there any issues with template inheritance/updates that could have affected it?

Let me disable all my other stuff. I tried on the default theme as well.

EDIT: I disabled all add-in except yours. This is bizzare I have never had an issue with it at all.
The shoutbox works in the nav bar, and the pop-out one.

upload_2013-11-13_14-46-1.webp

Let me disable all my other stuff. I tried on the default theme as well.

EDIT: I disabled all add-in except yours. This is bizzare I have never had an issue with it at all.
The shoutbox works in the nav bar, and the pop-out one.

View attachment 61136

The problem is that you're using the wrong template edit code

It should be:

Code:
<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_alt" />

Instead of:

Code:

@Luke Foreman Is it possible to automagickly insert the [ plain ] bbcode to the chat thread log? I keep a thread log for our chatroom and don't allow images and videos to be parsed, only links to appear. It would be nice to somehow keep it from appearing in the chat log as well. The reason why I ask is that if our chatroom users puts up a bunch of images links and youtube videos, when we open up the thread containing the log, it all gets parsed and makes the thread wicked slow to open.

Or is this controlled by the Taigachat option "BBCode parser level: None: Do not parse any tags other than url and email" ?

Thanks!

Is there a way to dispaly html5 audio or video in the chat ?

If you create a custom bbcode for this and set the bbcode parser level option to 'full' then yes it should work

@Luke Foreman Is it possible to automagickly insert the [ plain ] bbcode to the chat thread log? I keep a thread log for our chatroom and don't allow images and videos to be parsed, only links to appear. It would be nice to somehow keep it from appearing in the chat log as well. The reason why I ask is that if our chatroom users puts up a bunch of images links and youtube videos, when we open up the thread containing the log, it all gets parsed and makes the thread wicked slow to open.

Or is this controlled by the Taigachat option "BBCode parser level: None: Do not parse any tags other than url and email" ?

Thanks!

The archive ignores that option unfortunately, as it's based on standard forum posts

Your best bet would be to reduce 'Shout messages per archive post'

Some questions:
  1. can this chat cope with 200+ concurrent chat users?
  2. does this run well on highly active big boards?
  3. does this work on mobile?
  4. are chat rooms planned?
  5. is 1on1 chat planned?

Getting this error:
Code:
 Route chat/ could not be found.
Can't reupload since I deleted my email and recreated it D:

How do i get the active chat box users to show? And i am trying to figure out how to remove the detached tab in the navbar? thank you

Last edited:
In regards to the popout - by that I assume that you will still have to have it showing at the top or in the sidebar at first, and then select to pop it out? I am looking at it popping out in a separate tab as default, so basically they click on a link to open chat, otherwise they don't see it?

Some questions:
  1. can this chat cope with 200+ concurrent chat users?
  2. does this run well on highly active big boards?
  3. does this work on mobile?
  4. are chat rooms planned?
  5. is 1on1 chat planned?

1. Yes. Using nginx will help
2. Yes, I've witnessed it handle several messages a second and hundreds of active users
3. Yes there are special considerations for mobile in the code as well as full responsive support
4. In the far future
5. No

Getting this error:
Code:
 Route chat/ could not be found.
Can't reupload since I deleted my email and recreated it D:

Remind me your payment email and I'll get that resent

How do i get the active chat box users to show? And i am trying to figure out how to remove the detached tab in the navbar? thank you

Currently the active chat users box can only be displayed with widget framework or on the full shoutbox page. A hook for manual template edits will be added in the next release.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the detached tab?

In regards to the popout - by that I assume that you will still have to have it showing at the top or in the sidebar at first, and then select to pop it out? I am looking at it popping out in a separate tab as default, so basically they click on a link to open chat, otherwise they don't see it?

I assume you want to change the shoutbox navbar link into a popup-only link with no dropdown menu? This can be done with a simple template edit

The shoutbox doesn't have to be visible on any pages - the popup link is in the navbar by default

Here is a Newbie question, Bought it , downloaded and then uploaded , ran the install XML
Checked the settings , but I don't see it on any of my styles .. So I guess my question is

How do you turn it on lol :)

Top Bottom