TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

There is a responsive design currently, this is a bug which will be fixed for the next update

Any idea when the next update will be out or perhaps issue a manual fix on this thread as a lot of my users use their phone and are complaining about the tiny input box :(

Just purchased and installed and working a treat. One quick question. How do I change the colour of the text input box to match the message box background?

Thanks.

I am appealing to the creator of this mod to help me out urgently.

I upgraded our forums to v.1.2 the other day and before doing so disabled all modifications including taigachat pro.

Now after the upgrade new users aren't able to register to our forums anymore and have a look in the server log i see pages and pages of this same error messages that seem related to taigachat.

Code:
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Field 'taigachat_color' doesn't have a default value - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Unknown Account, 41 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/mysite.com/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/mysite.com/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /var/www/mysite.com/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array)
#3 /var/www/mysite.com/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1612): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_user', Array)
#4 /var/www/mysite.com/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1601): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /var/www/mysite.com/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1393): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /var/www/mysite.com/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(680): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /var/www/mysite.com/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionFacebookRegister()
#8 /var/www/mysite.com/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /var/www/mysite.com/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(62) "http://www.mysite.com/forum/register/facebook/register"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(10) {
    ["username"] => string(7) "Name Removed"
    ["custom_fields"] => array(1) {
      ["gamertag"] => string(7) "RedBull"
    }
    ["custom_fields_shown"] => array(1) {
      [0] => string(8) "gamertag"
    }
    ["timezone"] => string(13) "Europe/Athens"
    ["agree"] => string(1) "1"
    ["associate_login"] => string(0) ""
    ["associate_password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["redirect"] => string(0) ""
    ["fb_token"] => string(167) "CAABoAFX8zDkBAEOJIsZCTkTclGjZAEVx5oHEOOQUGjutxk6QdYvaE6uYjcE7lHgn0EhnWXMeV9yXIawZAfn0qzhgesVZCCoQaKaH6BwRK187U2kNZA8oLfZBlGBsFLgrIzazpsP6ZATLLqI4m3mS5HoCRONVEZAZBIcUZD"
  }
}

And this list goes on and on and on.

Will this be solved by installing taigachat pro again with the files we received via email last week?

Tried to register a test account on our forums myself and I get also welcomed by a server error

Yes, i have just upgraded the mod and it now works.

Strange things is that i had the mod disabled as required and it still gave errors.

Updating and re-enabling fix it. (y)

Hi, Is there anyway I can remove the color picker tab so I only have Palette and Named Colors to choose from in the overlay for taigachat color-picker.

I don't know why it doesn't work, I've spent hours trying to sort it, I've re uploaded all files and all taigachat templates are default. But if I can just remove it that would be fine as right now it just confuses users and it locks up after you try and save a color as its the default color picker.

This is the color picker that is giving me problems. I'm not saying its your fault, but I'm just looking for a way to remove as its the first choice when users want to change their text color. Ok, thanks for any help with my strange problem. Cheers

Im running TaigaChatPro Version 1.1.0 with XenForo 1.1.3
No Server errors or nothing, the color picker the in first tab just don't change colors, even if it says successfully changed.
ts.webp

Last edited:
@davespanzer I was thinking about the same. @Luke Foreman I would actually love an option in ACP to be able to turn off/on color picker, named colors and palette. It is nice to have 3 options, but really not necessary to have all 3 at the same time :)

@Luke Foreman Ok I just checked and if I use TaigaChatPro 1.0.4, my Color Picker works correctly, but when I upgrade or do a fresh install of TaigaChatPro 1.1.0, my Color Picker does not function as I posted above.

but when I upgrade or do a fresh install of TaigaChatPro 1.1.0, my Color Picker does not function as I posted above.
That's because 1.2 no longer contains the file being referenced, being: xenforo/editor/colorpicker.jpg. It doesn't exist in 1.2. You have to grab it from a 1.1.x version and put in the above location.

Also going to have to copy smilie.png over, as that is redundant in 1.2 as well.

That's because 1.2 no longer contains the file being referenced, being: xenforo/editor/colorpicker.jpg. It doesn't exist in 1.2. You have to grab it from a 1.1.x version and put in the above location.

Also going to have to copy smilie.png over, as that is redundant in 1.2 as well.

But I'm running XenForo 1.1.3 for both TaigaChat 1.0.4 and 1.1.0 versions.

When using TaigaChat 1.0.4 my color picker works, when I upgrade or fresh install of TaigaChat 1.1.0 my color picker does not function.

Purchased and installed TaigaChat this past weekend and everything worked great. We had an active chat with around 100 members for about 3 hours. We disabled the formatting options for this first chat test/session, but some of them will be enabled next time. We only tested the full chat (standalone page) this time. We also did not use "speed mode" because I wanted to see the worst-case scenario service load/resource wise and it still performed quite well.

As a developer who has also created chat/shoutbox systems, I do have some suggestions:

1) There needs to be a way to scroll up without having the chat window re-scroll to the bottom on the next message. Since the autoscroll feature is necessary, perhaps a temporary disable scroll or pause chat option on the chat page would help? If chat is moving so quickly, trying to read it can be nearly impossible without pause or scroll back ability. This was especially a problem for the moderators trying to edit/delete/ban users and their messages.

2) You really need to add a (idle) timeout for users. Allowing users to remain in chat indefinitely can lead to a huge waste of server resources. Also, the chat becomes a potential DoS attack method by logging in a ton of users and just letting them perform server calls every few seconds until the server gets overloaded and future hits/requests start being queued rather than served.

3) There needs to be a max user limit on the chat. While it is great that using speed mode will let you handle a lot more users, having too many people chatting at the same time is just not feasible or even useful. This is compounded by the lack of a pause or scroll toggle option, but even then, there should be a max option.

4) When you delete a message (probably edit as well), it refreshes the whole screen. You should replace that with an inline action so it does not refresh the screen. Just use javascript to remove or update the line element.

5) You should highlight the lines of the chat where the current user's username is referenced so they can easily spot messages to or about them.

6) You should add an option that sets a flood limit (time between messages) for users, preferably by user group.

I am sure I have more suggestions, but those are the ones that stood out the most.

Despite my suggestions and a few missing features, I was very pleased with TaigaChat last night and so were my users. You have a great addon and I hope you continue building on it! As most sites switch to XenForo, I can see this becoming a must-have addon for a lot of sites.

-Zeras

Purchased and installed TaigaChat this past weekend and everything worked great. We had an active chat with around 100 members for about 3 hours. We disabled the formatting options for this first chat test/session, but some of them will be enabled next time. We only tested the full chat (standalone page) this time. We also did not use "speed mode" because I wanted to see the worst-case scenario service load/resource wise and it still performed quite well.

As a developer who has also created chat/shoutbox systems, I do have some suggestions:

1) There needs to be a way to scroll up without having the chat window re-scroll to the bottom on the next message. Since the autoscroll feature is necessary, perhaps a temporary disable scroll or pause chat option on the chat page would help? If chat is moving so quickly, trying to read it can be nearly impossible without pause or scroll back ability. This was especially a problem for the moderators trying to edit/delete/ban users and their messages.

2) You really need to add a (idle) timeout for users. Allowing users to remain in chat indefinitely can lead to a huge waste of server resources. Also, the chat becomes a potential DoS attack method by logging in a ton of users and just letting them perform server calls every few seconds until the server gets overloaded and future hits/requests start being queued rather than served.

3) There needs to be a max user limit on the chat. While it is great that using speed mode will let you handle a lot more users, having too many people chatting at the same time is just not feasible or even useful. This is compounded by the lack of a pause or scroll toggle option, but even then, there should be a max option.

4) When you delete a message (probably edit as well), it refreshes the whole screen. You should replace that with an inline action so it does not refresh the screen. Just use javascript to remove or update the line element.

5) You should highlight the lines of the chat where the current user's username is referenced so they can easily spot messages to or about them.

6) You should add an option that sets a flood limit (time between messages) for users, preferably by user group.

I am sure I have more suggestions, but those are the ones that stood out the most.

Despite my suggestions and a few missing features, I was very pleased with TaigaChat last night and so were my users. You have a great addon and I hope you continue building on it! As most sites switch to XenForo, I can see this becoming a must-have addon for a lot of sites.

-Zeras

Sounds like some good ideas. Certainly makes sense. Hopefully they make it into the addon.

Top Bottom