TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Would it be possible to add prefixes to the threads when they're posted in the chatbox by the auto poster?

My site involves a lot of spoiler threads & people click on the new threads in the box thinking there is no spoiler. I'd love to be able to add the spoiler prefix to the auto poster.

Would it be possible to add prefixes to the threads when they're posted in the chatbox by the auto poster?

My site involves a lot of spoiler threads & people click on the new threads in the box thinking there is no spoiler. I'd love to be able to add the spoiler prefix to the auto poster.

I will definitely see about adding this - my site doesn't use prefixes so I didn't think of doing it before.

To purchase I need:
x Post count to view chatbox (Completely hidden)
/unban command for moderators

/unban is planned for a future update

Updated it and that fixed the issue. Cheers!
One last question, when I add the sidebar shoutbox to the forums, is there a way to remove the time stamp and mini avatars from just the sidebar version of the shoutbox and not the full-width version?
Thanks again!

Add to EXTRA.css:

Code:
#taigachat_sidebar .DateTime, #taigachat_sidebar .taigachat_avatar { display: none }

Just bought the add-on and liking it so far. So many pages to read, and not sure if already suggested so i'll be throwing it out there anyways. Is there future developments on a "tagging" feature? For example: Mention a user that is also on the chat with a "@Dante_B I like the color red too" and by mentioning the member, it will give them a notification of some sort?

Also, I want to disable this add-on form registered members with less than 10 post. So is it possible to make the chat still visible, but with a message overly stating that they will need 10 post and above to activate this add-on feature?

Tagging was planned for 1.0.5 but then dropped for a few reasons:

- The existing tag addon for posts doesn't support usernames with spaces last I checked, and it's quite difficult to implement efficient tagging that does. If I implement something, I like to do it properly.
- It's hard to say what the best way to do the notifications is. Browser title flashing? Might be mistaken for ordinary chat notifications. Sounds? Not particularly user friendly. Alerts? Not realtime enough, the message might have scrolled out of the buffer when the alerted person goes to read it.

I might revisit the concept in the future, but it's a very low priority.

As for displaying a message to users, you can use the usergroup promotion system to block access to chat for those with <10 posts, and you can add a 'xen:else' statement to dark_taigachat_mapped for <xen:if is="{$taigachat.canView}"> to display a message.

For the first thing, you can use a user group promotion.

It was late and I miss read this. Thought you were saying its in the User settings. I'd prefer it being a part of the shoutbox. I don't want to move users to a new usergroup for the use of the shoutbox alone.

It was late and I miss read this. Thought you were saying its in the User settings. I'd prefer it being a part of the shoutbox. I don't want to move users to a new usergroup for the use of the shoutbox alone.

You don't move them to another usergroup, you can just add them, with no styling nothing... just a permission.

How do you use usergroup promotion to prevent users, with less than 20 posts, from seeing the shoutbox?
A simpler way might be to just wrap the hook with this:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.message_count} > 19">
<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_alt" />
</xen:if>

That's what I've been using as I don't wish to deal with a secondary usergroup just for chat.

Timestamps aren't matching the time zone preference, is there a fix for this?

Timestamps use server time when speed mode is enabled, due to how speed mode works. I will look into a way of adjusting the times using javascript in a future version, but it's overall not an easy thing to workaround. If times are important, you'll have to disable speed mode.

Top Bottom