• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've still got members saying that they need to manually refresh (F5) when using Firefox to display the latest messages.

I thought it was limited to a minimum of 5 seconds?

Just to clarify, this is when people are posting chat messages. He claims he needs to refresh constantly to show them.

Reporting another bug.
I experienced this last week but wanted to confirm before reporting it.

For no reason at all, previous chat messages started being displayed again, appearing one at a time as if they were being posted by other users.
This was despite being on the chat page and actively typing.

It happened for all users, not just me.
Pressing F5 cleared it.

previous chat messages started being displayed again
Brogan, are the chat messages literally "doubling up"? I think I've not had that yet.
I'm seeing messages appear in the conversation that were posted at an earlier time. They appear in the conversation in order of the timeframe but I swear they weren't typed at that time.
Something is definitely odd since the last update/fix and more noticeable at busy times.

No, chat messages from 20 or 30 minutes ago start reappearing one at a time, exactly as if they were being posted again by the same members.

I notice that even in expanded view, once the transcript moves out of the range of the limited scroll bar, the transcript is no longer viewable until the whole transcript autoposts to the designated forum thread.

I host coaching chats that people want to be able to read right away. Is there a way I can tell the system to go ahead and autopost when I need it to? (there should be... users should not have to wait until the next scheduled autopost to be able to read contents from the most recent chat... there should at least be a way that admin can tell the auto post script to go ahead and run upon admin demand, then automatically revert to its typical schedule).

If this is currently possible to force an autopost, I'd sure appreciate knowing how to do it. Else, please consider it a function request (mission critical for my audience).

Thanks!
HJ

I notice that even in expanded view, once the transcript moves out of the range of the limited scroll bar, the transcript is no longer viewable until the whole transcript autoposts to the designated forum thread.

I host coaching chats that people want to be able to read right away. Is there a way I can tell the system to go ahead and autopost when I need it to? (there should be... users should not have to wait until the next scheduled autopost to be able to read contents from the most recent chat... there should at least be a way that admin can tell the auto post script to go ahead and run upon admin demand, then automatically revert to its typical schedule).

If this is currently possible to force an autopost, I'd sure appreciate knowing how to do it. Else, please consider it a function request (mission critical for my audience).

Thanks!
HJ

With the way the cron script works currently, running it manually results in all of the day's messages up to that point being posted for each time that it is run.

I'll add a flag to stop that happening in the next version, then you can change the cron script to run every 30 minutes (for example) or run it whenever you want.

I'll add a flag to stop that happening in the next version, then you can change the cron script to run every 30 minutes (for example) or run it whenever you want.

PS to my thanks for your willingness to remedy: Um... how long will it be until you release this next version that will include this function? I've had to revert to holding my hosted chats back in my old vB forum where the chatbox IS posting automatically without ever just deleting content. I don't EVER want my copy of your software to automatically delete ANY content without it's first being posted to the specified thread. Ever.

Is there a way in the current version I can tell it to always post ALL content whenever it decides to run, and to NEVER delete ANY content EVER?

It's embarrassing for me and for your software's reputation in my community to have hyped your software only to realize that it autodeleted the most important 9 hours' worth of content in the whole month... without a warning, an "are you sure?" interrupt or anything... without a trace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom