• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks VERY much! This gives me the control I've been asking for, I think...
Will see how it goes.
Thanks again for the stunningly quick reply!

Reporting another bug.
I experienced this last week but wanted to confirm before reporting it.

For no reason at all, previous chat messages started being displayed again, appearing one at a time as if they were being posted by other users.
This was despite being on the chat page and actively typing.

It happened for all users, not just me.
Pressing F5 cleared it.
I've still got members saying that they need to manually refresh (F5) when using Firefox to display the latest messages.

Getting both these complaints from members as well. I personally am not having issues. The worst of it has been the sb won't load show new shouts without me pressing f5. Only seems to happen when I go idle from the page for a while. Using Chrome.

Yes, having to press F5 to show the latest messages is the biggest problem now.

Well thats just on my end. My users are complaining about the things you've stated. I get a lot of "wow wow whats going on?!" followed by "shoutbox just went crazy"

Apr 18, 2011 at 1:42 PM - demon450: i didnt say "hey"
Apr 18, 2011 at 1:42 PM - demon450: of wat
Apr 18, 2011 at 1:42 PM - BrooklynLilg#1: *removed*
Apr 18, 2011 at 1:42 PM - demon450: wow this chat is screwed up updating the wrong messages
Apr 18, 2011 at 1:41 PM - BrooklynLilg#1: *removed*
Apr 18, 2011 at 1:41 PM - demon450: no
Apr 18, 2011 at 1:41 PM - demon450: hey
Apr 18, 2011 at 1:41 PM - demon450: wat

I get this a lot from members. I'm not sure what they're doing that this is happening.

I experienced this the other day myself...The shoutbox starts loading back in time from some of the older messages and displaying them all at once pretty fast. I thought I was scrolling down but I was at the top. It was pretty confusing. Seems to be happening more and more.

Brogan do you have the shoutbox archive to post activated? I'm wondering if it has something to do with that.

Nice work, a few suggestions.

• Configurable date/time stamp
  • Default user text colors that are saved per user.
  • Color wheel opened when choosing a color
  • Editing of shouts available inline (double click a shout to edit it, etc)
As I said though, nice work, just some suggestions as to things I'd like to see added. =)

When I import the product, when it is rebuilding caches, it comes with up some error, says it is stopping, and redirects to an error page describing:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '1-Quote' for key 2
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute()inZend/Db/Statement.phpat line297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute()inZend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()inZend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert()inXenForo/Model/Phrase.phpat line902
  5. XenForo_Model_Phrase->insertPhraseMapForLanguages()inXenForo/CacheRebuilder/Phrase.phpat line37
  6. XenForo_CacheRebuilder_Phrase->rebuild()inXenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.phpat line26
  7. XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.phpat line64
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionCacheRebuild()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/srv/www/vhosts/prteamwork.com/httpdocs/community/admin.phpat line13

hellp:P

When I import the product, when it is rebuilding caches, it comes with up some error, says it is stopping, and redirects to an error page describing:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '1-Quote' for key 2
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute()inZend/Db/Statement.phpat line297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute()inZend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()inZend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert()inXenForo/Model/Phrase.phpat line902
  5. XenForo_Model_Phrase->insertPhraseMapForLanguages()inXenForo/CacheRebuilder/Phrase.phpat line37
  6. XenForo_CacheRebuilder_Phrase->rebuild()inXenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.phpat line26
  7. XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.phpat line64
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionCacheRebuild()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/srv/www/vhosts/prteamwork.com/httpdocs/community/admin.phpat line13
hellp:p

Does the same thing happen for other addons or just this one?

just this one so far (only ever installed 8 addons).

I think its the xml file, my database is fairly clean.
other mods I run which may conflict: Jaxels portal and chat

Hi. How can i use the Full-Size-Template Chat of the Forum for the Portal.
It uses the sidebar topBlocks class in the Portal which does not look so good if the Chat is on top of the Portal.

This may have already been asked......

How can I change the word 'Shoutbox' to 'Chat' on the navbar tab?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom