• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I edited the CSS to have: #taigachat_box { width: auto; height: 30px; border: 1px

It still stays massive :(

Edit:#
Dont worry its in the options > Shoutbox height so why is it actually in the CSS?

Greetings.

I have successfully integrated this addon in my forum. It shows up on the right sidebar. However I wanted to have the sidebar everywhere in the forum i.e. thread listing post listing etc.

I have edited the PAGE_CONTAINER template to include the relevant template but nothing appeared on any page. When I put the template include line in the forum_list template it works like a charm.

Any suggestions would be more than appreciated.

dark,

is there an easy code update i can add to tell the smilies to wait on loading until box is opened? I know you said you plan on adding this in your next release but i cant wait lol. Is it something easy i can add in?

Whenever I leave my forum open for a long time (like over 24 hours) I get spammed to death by the following:

The following error occurred:

Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

I think it's caused by TaigaChats AJAX system.. But I'm not entirely sure. Anyone came across this by any chance?

Whenever I leave my forum open for a long time (like over 24 hours) I get spammed to death by the following:

The following error occurred:

Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

I think it's caused by TaigaChats AJAX system.. But I'm not entirely sure. Anyone came across this by any chance?

Probably the CSRF token expiring - I presume you are leaving the tab/window out of focus? XenForo refreshes it every 50 minutes but only while the window is in focus. I'll have to look into checking up on it from within TaigaChat (i.e. refreshing it before the shoutbox if it's outdated).

Probably the CSRF token expiring - I presume you are leaving the tab/window out of focus? XenForo refreshes it every 50 minutes but only while the window is in focus. I'll have to look into checking up on it from within TaigaChat (i.e. refreshing it before the shoutbox if it's outdated).
Yeh, it's open in a FireFox tab, but I only check it every so often. If I didn't check it for a while it gives me that error. Constantly. :P

Thanks!

I'm apparently missing something...none of my TaigaChat templates are modified or outdated, but I can't see the toolbar despite having it enabled (note that I haven't updated in a few weeks :s). Any idea what I'm missing? ^_^;

I'm apparently missing something...none of my TaigaChat templates are modified or outdated, but I can't see the toolbar despite having it enabled (note that I haven't updated in a few weeks :s). Any idea what I'm missing? ^_^;
Try typing something. It suddenly appears when you click in the text area.

Some people have asked if an alert was possible on new chat reply, like MSN Messenger (groan) for example.
I more or less tried to explain that Shoutbox isn't an app, so to speak and therefore couldn't really write to the browser and make it announce a "ping" sound nor flash the tab, if, for example the IE or FireFox tab/windows wasn't visible.

Does anyone know what I mean?
wink.png

Hi Dark. Re. Deleting the shouts using the shout-box toolbox. Is it possible to also have it so you can delete shouts by user so it deletes all shouts by that user with one click?

Darkimmortal,

I've noticed that if we have the navbar taigachat enabled you can popup the chat in a separate window. But if it's disabled I could not figure out how to do it. So my sugestion is, can we have a small Icon placed on the top right corner of the chat so we can click and have it popup?

chat.webp

Thanks ;)

Hi Dark. Re. Deleting the shouts using the shout-box toolbox. Is it possible to also have it so you can delete shouts by user so it deletes all shouts by that user with one click?

Can't see that being too useful tbh - seems more like a one-off thing that would be better done with a manual query.

A minor one from me.
Is there any chance of making posted links use the .ugc class so they pick up all the styling?

Will do

Darkimmortal,

I've noticed that if we have the navbar taigachat enabled you can popup the chat in a separate window. But if it's disabled I could not figure out how to do it. So my sugestion is, can we have a small Icon placed on the top right corner of the chat so we can click and have it popup?

View attachment 11892

Thanks ;)

Will do

Darkimmortal, I love the shoutbox chat, very impressive with the ajax loads :D
Any plans for different rooms, with usergroup permissions or even a basic room password ?

I noticed gib's post is about 5 weeks old so I wanted to ask if there is any new info available. I am looking for a chat room solution for my site. I took a look at XenHabla and it doesn't seem to be a good solution for my site. I love how Taiga is fully integrated into XF, very user friendly, and (key importance for me) users retain their XF usernames. IRC and most of the chat solutions I have looked at don't have that integration.

Basically if there is a hope of expanding Taiga from a shoutbox into a chatroom solution then I would use it and ofc support the add-on.

Reactions: gib
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom