• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tags not always leading to notifications

Bram

A lot of our members are complaining that the tagging feature in XF1.2 is not working correctly.

We were using the BD Tag Me before but I uninstalled it before upgrading as per the instructions.

Yet I am not able to reproduce it myself as I do get my notifications it seems.

Other people experiencing this as well?

Jeremy

Tags in quotes or on an edit won't alert the tagged user. Are these the times they are complaining about?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Use the permission analyzer to make sure that people actually have permission to alert users with tags (Maximum tag alerts per message).

Bram

Ah thats a good one Mike, thanks!

Previously with the bd tag me addon i have allowed regular users to be able to tag one user per post. Premium members however could tag multiple users at a time.

Does this mean that for example User X that has the option to tag 5 people per message can still tag 10 users but only 5 receive a notification?

Bram

Perfect thanks.

Still I have a weird issue @Mike that a certain user cannot be tagged at all by any usergroup.

Shall i file a support ticket so you can have a look at it?

Bram

A user can literraly not be tagged :) When filling in his first name (Antonio) a list of other Antonios show up. However there is no result on the first letter of his lastname.

Bram

Is there a way to change this character limit? I presume there are more forums out there that require real first and last names to be used :) ?