• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Tags for posts

I would like for support for tags to be standard in XF.

I have two vB boards where I have spent a lot of time & effort in creating relevant tags (to the point that in one case I even use a tag search as a forum link to bring together related posts that transcend individual forums). I would like very much to convert these two boards to XF, but I will not allow the tag data to be discarded in the conversion.

You may want to read these few posts: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...e-announcement-forum.16086/page-6#post-212383

There are currently no plans to add that feature into the core.

Obviously not for 1.1 but note the last two words of Kier's posting:

Multiple labels == tags. Not on our radar at present.

If "not at present" becomes "never", then eventually I will have to look at other options for those two boards, such as upgrading (yuck) vBulletin & vbSEO.

Obviously not for 1.1 but note the last two words of Kier's posting:

If "not at present" becomes "never", then eventually I will have to look at other options for those two boards, such as upgrading (yuck) vBulletin & vbSEO.
The likely hood of XenForo not getting tags is close to nil.

I think it wasn't prioritized because tagging really deserves a lot more attention then most platforms have given it so far. The current implementations on other platforms are generally half done, and lack a lot of features (moderated tags, predefined tagging etc) that really make tagging shine.

Interesting idea Hjack.
I think along the same lines as you.
Thanks DD, Dunno why these guys are so averse to it! Moderators should definitely have that ability in my opinion... oh well we're just voices crying in the wilderness I guess, as they seem in no hurry at all to address it, if ever.

You may want to read these few posts: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...e-announcement-forum.16086/page-6#post-212383

There are currently no plans to add that feature into the core.
um, not sure what multiple prefixes has to do with tags, Brogan, but then I'm not a designer.

I don't think I've been asking for a tag as a Prefix, whatever a prefix is... but a tag something that a Moderator can add later as a flag or tag or whatever so that a user could search on it and get a list of posts that have been rated that way - while retaining some moderating control of the use of that "Gold Nugget" phrase to highlight the posts deemed most instructive by those who are in a best position to know.

Kier's comment is quite clear I thought: Multiple labels == tags. Not on our radar at present.

Kier's comment is quite clear I thought: Multiple labels == tags. Not on our radar at present.
Clear I guess if you know what multiple labels are. What are multiple labels, please?
Am I actually asking for a feature that I'm calling tags but which are actually called multiple labels here?

So your saying in this discussion that they'll never add a tagging system? Because this will save me loads of time otherwise i'll have to develop this...

So your saying in this discussion that they'll never add a tagging system? Because this will save me loads of time otherwise i'll have to develop this...
There are currently no plans for a tagging system (eg no time frame).

Top Bottom