1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Tags for posts

Discussion in 'Add-on Requests [Archive]' started by Scar3croW, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Scar3croW

Scar3croW New Member

I would like a add-on that allows users to add tags to their posts. I would hope this would help with SEO.

Veer, Sej, ankurs and 1 other person like this.
  2. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

I would like that two. Better off being incorporated, but which ever way is faster.

3. Scar3croW

Scar3croW New Member

Yeah I would like it built in but you never know when the next version will be released (y)

4. MikeMpls

MikeMpls Well-Known Member

I would like for support for tags to be standard in XF.

I have two vB boards where I have spent a lot of time & effort in creating relevant tags (to the point that in one case I even use a tag search as a forum link to bring together related posts that transcend individual forums). I would like very much to convert these two boards to XF, but I will not allow the tag data to be discarded in the conversion.

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

6. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Interesting idea Hjack.
    I think along the same lines as you.

HydraulicJack likes this.
  7. MikeMpls

MikeMpls Well-Known Member

Obviously not for 1.1 but note the last two words of Kier's posting:

If "not at present" becomes "never", then eventually I will have to look at other options for those two boards, such as upgrading (yuck) vBulletin & vbSEO.

8. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

The likely hood of XenForo not getting tags is close to nil.

I think it wasn't prioritized because tagging really deserves a lot more attention then most platforms have given it so far. The current implementations on other platforms are generally half done, and lack a lot of features (moderated tags, predefined tagging etc) that really make tagging shine.

9. HydraulicJack

HydraulicJack Well-Known Member

Thanks DD, Dunno why these guys are so averse to it! Moderators should definitely have that ability in my opinion... oh well we're just voices crying in the wilderness I guess, as they seem in no hurry at all to address it, if ever.

10. HydraulicJack

um, not sure what multiple prefixes has to do with tags, Brogan, but then I'm not a designer.

I don't think I've been asking for a tag as a Prefix, whatever a prefix is... but a tag something that a Moderator can add later as a flag or tag or whatever so that a user could search on it and get a list of posts that have been rated that way - while retaining some moderating control of the use of that "Gold Nugget" phrase to highlight the posts deemed most instructive by those who are in a best position to know.

11. Brogan

Kier's comment is quite clear I thought: Multiple labels == tags. Not on our radar at present.

12. HydraulicJack

Clear I guess if you know what multiple labels are. What are multiple labels, please?
    Am I actually asking for a feature that I'm calling tags but which are actually called multiple labels here?

13. Brogan

Tags.

14. HydraulicJack

Thanks!

Daniel Thomann likes this.
  15. Uniphix

Uniphix Active Member

So your saying in this discussion that they'll never add a tagging system? Because this will save me loads of time otherwise i'll have to develop this...

16. Forsaken

There are currently no plans for a tagging system (eg no time frame).

17. Uniphix

Uniphix Active Member

Well I suppose I'll have to develop this... *sighs* oh well thanks.

ragtek, HydraulicJack and britmovie like this.
  18. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

HydraulicJack likes this.
  19. Forsaken

Completely different.

20. HydraulicJack

YES please!!!!