Tagging informative messages

ontheway

Hi,
I am not aware if this question was asked or the feature is already established. Made a quick search and could not find an answer.
In a thread, is it possible to tag each individual message with a keyword (by moderators or a higher class of users, ie "experienced users"), or at least letting same class users give "relevance" star to specific messages for rising them? "Like" is not same thing, people like jokes too, in a thread, but no relevance to topic :)

Long story short, looking to easily filter valuable messages in a thread, or eye-select them, with help other visual signs. Is this possible with this forum software?

Regards,

Hi,
I am not aware if this question was asked or the feature is already established. Made a quick search and could not find an answer.
In a thread, is it possible to tag each individual message with a keyword (by moderators or a higher class of users, ie "experienced users"), or at least letting same class users give "relevance" star to specific messages for rising them? "Like" is not same thing, people like jokes too, in a thread, but no relevance to topic :)

Long story short, looking to easily filter valuable messages in a thread, or eye-select them, with help other visual signs. Is this possible with this forum software?

Regards,
Use post ratings addon. Allows more than likes such as 'dislike', 'funny' or whatever you want with whatever icon you want to display next to it.

Hi,

Regards,

I have done a similiar thing for a forum of mine running on a different software. That is one of the things that I am planning to bring over to my xenforo forum.

I appreciate for the answers. Looks like a brilliant addition.
Then,
is it possible to extend the search function to cover certain options/choices/items (whatever its name is) of the above add-on? Because only then, it will become a really valuable tool, imho.

By poster or admin ?
Do you know the hashtagging addon ?

Do you want what the OP wants ?

Anybody to tag individual posts.

I did not see the hashtagging resource, it does not need to be in the actual post... But it would work.

I'm using tags to organise content, it's just limiting that the default behaviour is first post.

Example a member makes a thread about car mods and upgrades. called mike's mighty car tips.

One post is about removing dents, another is about adding a turbo, another is how to put washer fluid in.

So it becomes 300 pages and your looking for that awesome mod in the middle about changing the exhaust and... It's lost forever.

Tagging each post with a simple predefined recipe of tags means as an admin I can create an easy search index of tags for members to find content.

If in that thread as an example each post by mike could be tagged:

#mikestips #tips #door
#mikestips #mod #turbo
#mikestips #tips #winscreen
#mikestips #guides #exhaust

You could search the thread for #mikestips #guides

And reduce the number of results quickly.

Top Bottom