[TAC] Total XF1 Anti-Spam Collection Complete

[TAC] Total XF1 Anti-Spam Collection Complete [Paid] 1.2.92

No permission to buy ($48.00)
I don't know which addon did it. I have StopCountrySpam, StopHumanSpam and FoolBotHoneyBot installed. I think it might be StopHumanSpam that made this person's registration require manual approval (I don't even have manual approval checked in the regular registration settings but it's showing under Stop Human Spam)

They tried registering several times under the same email and username but couldn't because it kept saying their location wasn't filled out (due to this issue: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/mandatory-location.26686/#post-626592 )

So is the problem that failing to register due to not filling out mandatory location would that cause a warning flag to go up whenever that person finally does register and make them go into moderation?
Pretty sure the image you posted is part of the built in Spam routines of xenForo and has nothing to do with @tenants TAC software.
In fact, I just disabled all his stuff on one of my forums and those options were still present in the User Registration page of the ACP -> Options section.

@DRE, I just had a look at your forum (btw, I would update your FBHP to the latest: http://www.surreyforum.co.uk/thread...stering-with-a-custom-registration-page.1621/ ) The separate plugins are always the most up to date (the packs get update after a few updates of each individual plugin)

I dont know how to answer your verification question ("I signed up through"), I'm unsure if that's intentionally supposed to be impossible to answer (or I'm just too dumb ;) )

However, I saw no location issue ... I believe you have turned the location addon off? I'm also doubtful the location addon will work in combination with FBHP (since they both alter the registration form.. FBHP changes almost every field with a unique name and adds many hidden dummy fields that act as bot traps). I don't know what the location add-on does, but if it alters the registration form or expects a non-core response from the registration form, there may be compatibility issues.

I suspect the user is getting put into moderation due to the core spam checks (possibly StopForumSpam), TAC does not put "users" into moderation

Can you check your foolbothoneypot logs... If you have FBHP installed, I'm certain this person that is getting put into moderation is not a bot (but they could still be detected as a human spammer)

Go to ACP >> Tools >> FoolBotHoneyPot Log

Then search for that user... this will give a bunch of details about that user when they attempted to register, if you are using StopForumSpam via AnyApi, it will tell you if it failed this API or not (but since SFS is now in the core, I don't expect many people to use AnyApi-StopForumSpam). If you did use StopForumSpam via AnyApi, and this users was detect via SFS, then this user would not have even been put into moderation, but would have been stopped at the door.

So, if you have found the user via FoolBotHoneyPot Logs, and if they have not been detected as a bot, do a quick Google search for their IP address and Email address.

If the user if found in the StopForumSpam database, then it is almost certain that it's the core StopForumSpam check that has put that user into the moderation queue (It is certain anyway, since TAC does not put users into moderation, but at least you then know why the core spam checks might be doing this)

As for your core settings, from your image you have "moderate registraions when this many flags are detected" ticked ... this is quite likely the reason why you see the user in moderation, and the flag(s) have simply come from an ip/email look up

You might also me interested in this moderation XenForo bug:
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...n-this-many-warning-flags-are-detected.58755/

Last edited:
i have a few issues from an error i am getting when new users register and it is related to xenforo itself and this add one

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...orrect-string-value-xe8res-please-help.67525/

i am having a lot of errors about this and it is to do with characters that are not recognized i am not sure how to fix this...

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xE8res";...' for column 'server' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 5:09 AM
Stack Trace

#0 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `sf...', Array)
#3 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1612): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('sf_foolbothoney...', Array)
#4 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1601): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1393): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/Tac/FoolBotHoneyPot/ControllerPublic/Register.php(608): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/Nobita/AccountDetection/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(11): Tac_FoolBotHoneyPot_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#8 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/Tac/StopCountrySpam/ControllerPublic/Register.php(433): Nobita_AccountDetection_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#9 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Tac_StopCountrySpam_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#10 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#11 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(49) "http://portalcentric.net/forums/register/register"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(38) {
    ["4565752e7f208d5978"] => string(0) ""
    ["b3f8e52e7f208d5d5f"] => string(0) ""
    ["username"] => string(18) "abaf1b4e8d0e34afa3"
    ["d9c5852e7f208d51b6"] => string(0) ""
    ["6051352e7f208d59d6"] => string(8) "n4diir62"
    ["c615952e7f208d4f7e"] => string(0) ""
    ["4555c52e7f208d6958"] => string(0) ""
    ["8c23852e7f208d50f5"] => string(0) ""
    ["email"] => string(42) "x@819978f0-0b0f-11e2-892e-0800200c9a66.com"
    ["ca93d52e7f208d5c95"] => string(16) "N4DiiR-x@live.fr"
    ["43d6c52e7f208d4f1f"] => string(9) "Onelove62"
    ["a4e9a52e7f208d6359"] => string(9) "Onelove62"
    ["09f5052e7f208d527f"] => string(0) ""
    ["79f2d52e7f208d69a2"] => string(0) ""
    ["password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["password_confirm"] => string(8) "********"
    ["ee71a52e7f208d585e"] => string(0) ""
    ["b27d152e7f208d61d2"] => string(0) ""
    ["0d7d852e7f208d6011"] => string(0) ""
    ["2775952e7f208d52dd"] => string(0) ""
    ["dob_month"] => string(1) "6"
    ["dob_day"] => string(2) "16"
    ["dob_year"] => string(4) "1992"
    ["e609252e7f208d5573"] => string(0) ""
    ["ebf4652e7f208d5e25"] => string(0) ""
    ["63e7052e7f208d64d2"] => string(4) "male"
    ["gender"] => string(4) "male"
    ["ac84d52e7f208d67df"] => string(0) ""
    ["ca63652e7f208d5b03"] => string(14) "Pacific/Midway"
    ["eb52d52e7f208d5097"] => string(14) "Pacific/Midway"
    ["timezone"] => string(14) "Pacific/Midway"
    ["81ff052e7f208d5a9d"] => string(14) "Pacific/Midway"
    ["c793652e7f208d5033"] => string(16) "Europe/Amsterdam"
    ["public_uuid"] => string(25) "94689b84e4ce52e7f20f085d3"
    ["custom_img_captcha_response_field"] => string(5) "shoes"
    ["agree"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["reg_key"] => string(32) "d71998c247599fd82b527af2b3d61f52"
  }
}

Seems to be a due to a value in $_SERVER, I'm going to turn that that type of logging off
(since headers sent in $_SERVER aren't needed by anyone other than me)

Within the next couple of days I will do an update for FoolBotHoneyPot (which is where $_SERVER is used) to also store IPv6 similar to the core (unless you are using XF < 1.3),
so I will look at it then... The update should be 1.2 and 1.3 compatible, I'm just testing that bots with IPv6 get logged correctly (just waiting patiently for them to take the bait)

Seems to be a due to a value in $_SERVER, I'm going to turn that that type of logging off
(since headers sent in $_SERVER aren't needed by anyone other than me)

Within the next couple of days I will do an update for FoolBotHoneyPot (which is where $_SERVER is used) to also store IPv6 similar to the core (unless you are using XF < 1.3),
so I will look at it then... The update should be 1.2 and 1.3 compatible, I'm just testing that bots with IPv6 get logged correctly (just waiting patiently for them to take the bait)
so will u update the free version or the paid one here? in this pack because i don't want any branding... and all i do install the foolbot hony pot in this pack...

also is XF 1.3 even out cozz i cannot seem to see it any where for an official release date

so will u update the free version or the paid one here? in this pack because i don't want any branding... and all i do install the foolbot hony pot in this pack...

also is XF 1.3 even out cozz i cannot seem to see it any where for an official release date
Read in the Announcements area and you will see that BETA 1 is released (and not recommended for use on production sites).

Maybe I'm missing something but where's the update for this? I went to the pinned thread on your site and all the files were the same.

This is probably the main addon holding me back from updating. I'll wait till tenants has everything updated.

I don't update the packs until I'm sure I've finished updating the individual plugins.

For those with the paid version, they can download the individual updated plugin immediately

XF 1.3 is still in beta and the 1.3 beta 2 should fix any issues related to undefined methods, so there is no need for an immediate pack release

Last edited:
Just installed this today and within minutes after installation, I noticed the FoolBotHoneyBot denied registration to a bot that tried to register. Not bad!

Just installed this today and within minutes after installation, I noticed the FoolBotHoneyBot denied registration to a bot that tried to register. Not bad!
It's one of the better add-ons for anti-spam that I've come across. Great support is an added benefit to it. @tenants is very responsive if there is a problem.

I've signed up to block-disposable-email.com, got my API key and set up the block disposable email API as per the instructions. It's the only active API in AnyAPI and the logs are showing data. Except it's not quite what I'd expect because it seems to be logging API requests on the same domains multiple times. gmail is being queried repeatedly. I understood that this wouldn't happen because of the response cache which is set up for 14 days.
I can email you over a screenshot of our log if you want.

This wont happen, unless the request string is different. The logs in AnyApi in the XenForo ACP are not logs of requests, they are logs of attempts, the requests are cached locally, if you can send me the logs of what you mean (I take it, these are the logs from block-disposable-email.com)

I'm referring to the AnyApi logs. So I should be ok if they are attempts rather than requests. It's a little bit confusing, but I get it, now. Thanks for the clarification.

Ah, yeah.. check the number of requests at the site, they have a count

If that is the only API you are using with AnyApi you can probably up the number of cached days from 14 (since a request for an email domain isn't going to change very much from day to day... Increasing it to 30-100 days isn't a bad idea for block-disposable-email.com

Using the cache like this, the only issue I can think of, is that if the API isn't up to date immediately, it might miss very new disposable emails (but it wouldn't catch these anyway), it just means they will remain uncaught for longer (I have no idea how good the API is, if it's is very up to date and efficient, this shouldn't be an issue)

Once you've increased the cache, you can see that your requests drop from month to month until they reach a steady state, here:
http://www.block-disposable-email.com/cms/manage/your-personal-dea-statistics/

They should at very least be less than the monthly number of requests in your AnyApi logs

On one forum (using this api) last month, I had about 900 unique bot attempts (users with different emails and ips), but only 130 requests to block-disposable-email, so it has been using the cache. But I use other API's too, so I can't up the cache in my case (I will have to think about different caches for each API, that would solve my issue)

Last edited:
@tenants , this branding-free package was last updated on your site on March 12, but the free (branded) version has been updated within the last week. Will an updated version of the branding-free package be available soon?

Top Bottom