[TAC] Discord Intergration [Paid] [Deleted]

I installed this plugin no problem the first time. Playing around with the settings on discord I felt the need to start over so I uninstalled the plugin and re uploaded the files and re-installed.
Now while following your steps on the ReadMe I get stuck on #7 I click on "Role Associations" and i get this error:
1b345491c30641ef9c4c0d03084de899.png

Iv'e tried multiple times to uninstall and reinstall and nothing seems to work. Any idea how to fix this?

I installed this plugin no problem the first time. Playing around with the settings on discord I felt the need to start over so I uninstalled the plugin and re uploaded the files and re-installed.
Now while following your steps on the ReadMe I get stuck on #7 I click on "Role Associations" and i get this error:
1b345491c30641ef9c4c0d03084de899.png

Iv'e tried multiple times to uninstall and reinstall and nothing seems to work. Any idea how to fix this?

I'll look into this :).

So I figured what i was doing wrong. I was checking "Require OAuth2 Code Grant"
upload_2016-8-29_22-20-22.webp
Because I read this on the review:
upload_2016-8-29_22-46-30.webp

But I still cannot get the bot to automatically assign them the roles / permissions. I must be doing something wrong. I give the test account link to the general channel that has @everyone permisson but it doesn't get any roles assigned to the account even if its been linked through the site.

Couple questions:
1. When they join the server how long until they get their permissions assigned?
2. Is it normal to get the "Mismatching redirrect URL" if they unauthorized an account and try to reauthorize it?
upload_2016-8-29_22-32-13.webp
By adding www. on the discord redirect url still works first time linking but if you unlink and try it again it gives you the error.
upload_2016-8-29_22-56-26.webp

Here are a couple images of my bot setup.
upload_2016-8-29_22-27-6.webp upload_2016-8-29_22-27-42.webp upload_2016-8-29_22-28-22.webp upload_2016-8-29_22-29-47.webp

Last edited:
if this helps anyone I was also having issues getting the bot to work. how I resolved it was turning on friendly urls on the website and then reinstalling the addon. worked perfect after that. if your having issues turn on friendly urs and start over with the bot/addon install.

I have friendly url installed and reinstalled it multiple times. The readme is very vague, can you send me some screen shots how your discord settings are. Anything helps at this point.

I made a test account on my forum with a test discord acc associated and I join the server but no roles get applied to it. :(

Things to check in your xenforo pannel under home then options click basic board information. Under board url make sure there is a www. In the url. Something under the home page url make sure there is a www. There. All the way at the bottom make sure full friendly urls is checked. Also on those 2 url spots make sure there is no / at the end of the address

Things to check in your xenforo pannel under home then options click basic board information. Under board url make sure there is a www. In the url. Something under the home page url make sure there is a www. There. All the way at the bottom make sure full friendly urls is checked. Also on those 2 url spots make sure there is no / at the end of the address
It seem to have all that correct.

upload_2016-9-5_21-53-46.webp

I've unistalled and installed this plugin like 10+ times. horrible.

Last edited:
This add-on stopped working for me for an unknown reason, after working fine for weeks. Role associations stopped taking place in Discord and this is the error I see when I visit the role settings in my Admin CP.

Illegal string offset 'id'

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in TAC/Discord/ControllerAdmin/Discord.php at line 68
  2. TAC_Discord_ControllerAdmin_Discord->actionRoles() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /public_html/community/admin.php at line 13

Whatever this"'illegal string offset 'id'" error is, I've seen plenty of it and it would be nice to have it fixed once and for all - can you provide any insight into what causes this error?

This add-on stopped working for me for an unknown reason, after working fine for weeks. Role associations stopped taking place in Discord and this is the error I see when I visit the role settings in my Admin CP.

Whatever this"'illegal string offset 'id'" error is, I've seen plenty of it and it would be nice to have it fixed once and for all - can you provide any insight into what causes this error?

@The Dark Wizard Same here. Worked flawless and now i get this same error.

I found this regarding the error: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22426815/illegal-string-offset-id

Now i deleted a few of these: [$role['id']] to [$role] and the error is gone but now the association is broken:
48bbeb3ad9f3496584ea41b7ecfc3350.png

My guess is that something is not modular and when anything changes on discord side the plugin will be broken maybe?

Something like this user said: If id is your first column, you can just use $user instead of $user['id']. Note that SELECT * is usually not a good idea, because changes to your database can easily break your application logic if you are depending on certain columns being in a certain order

EDIT: and indeed this happened before and is a error that seems coming back over and over: https://addons.velocityio.com/threads/error-log.4/

Sorry for the delay all, this issue has been resolved. It was caused by Discord changing the way authorization works with the API and not including any backwards compatibility

@TAC thanks a lot for updating!
However i do only see 5 roles that can be associated, we have many more.
Do i miss a setting or something?

I have 20 roles on my list and was able to re-associate everything after the update. Maybe verify your bot's role is still at the top of the role list.

Top Bottom