[TAC] Discord Intergration [Paid] [Deleted]

BlackScarx said:
Don't work correctly. The user is not added to the discord server
I need to invite poeple and after he can associate discord account.
I'll change this rating when the problem are fix

Try reading what the plugin actually does. It's nowhere said that it will invite any user to your discord server.
You could set this up your self by integrating a invite link after a user registered. But it's not the purpose of this plugin to do this.

Reactions: TAC
Try reading what the plugin actually does. It's nowhere said that it will invite any user to your discord server.
You could set this up your self by integrating a invite link after a user registered. But it's not the purpose of this plugin to do this.

This.

@BlackScarx, you need to make your own invite, the addon is to just sync.

Yes but why the application have permission to do that and you don"t make that. It's do an issue if you let that.
The user can sync their account without join the server before. And throw an error but you have just removed in 2.0.1a
And if join after sync he don't have their role.
You have say me you'll add the auto join.
I'll change my review when is done.
Because for me is a big problem

Yes but why the application have permission to do that and you don"t make that.

It requires all of the permissions in the case that we add it in the future.

The user can sync their account without join the server before.
No, they couldn't

And if join after sync he don't have their role.
I have no idea what that means

You have say me you'll add the auto join.
I'm not going to say that I'll add that, that is not what this add-on is meant to do. Please review the add-on description.

I am so close to getting this working. User group syncing is working fine; if I change someone's user group on the forums, it updates in Discord. But the process of associating a XenForo user with a Discord account is broken. After I attempt an association, I am sent back to the front page of my forums, never prompted for my forum password, and the association does not take place. I am sent to the front page of the forums with the following URL (domain.com used as an example):
Code:
http://domain.com/community/index.php?register%2Fdiscord=&code=4w3hwg9I4kyhJgXc40tLyUXq6DkJBA

I noticed that if I change this URL to the following, I can get to the page where I am prompted for a password, and everything proceeds to work perfectly:
Code:
http://domain.com/community/index.php?register/discord&code=4w3hwg9I4kyhJgXc40tLyUXq6DkJBA

It is not reasonable for me to ask my forum users to perform this workaround every time, though.

Last edited:
I am so close to getting this working. User group syncing is working fine; if I change someone's user group on the forums, it updates in Discord. But the process of associating a XenForo user with a Discord account is broken. After I attempt an association, I am sent back to the front page of my forums, never prompted for my forum password, and the association does not take place. I am sent to the front page of the forums with the following URL (domain.com used as an example):
http://domain.com/community/index.php?register/discord=&code=4w3hwg9I4kyhJgXc40tLyUXq6DkJBA

I noticed that if I change this URL to the following, I can get to the page where I am prompted for a password, and everything proceeds to work perfectly:
http://domain.com/community/index.php?register/discord&code=4w3hwg9I4kyhJgXc40tLyUXq6DkJBA

It is not reasonable for me to ask my forum users to perform this workaround every time, though.

That sounds like an issue with the redirect you inserted on Discord's side of things. Other wise you only just need to give users the third party account page and they just need to click the button and authorize it.

That sounds like an issue with the redirect you inserted on Discord's side of things. Other wise you only just need to give users the third party account page and they just need to click the button and authorize it.

XenForo auto-formatted a part of the first URL in my post, so it didn't appear correctly until I fixed it a second ago by adding code tags. Now the difference between the two URLs is more clear.

I agree, if I use the correct redirect URI I think it'll work fine - but what do I use? I am using the default redirect URIs given to me by the add-on. I get the Discord authorization screen, and after authorizing it sends me to the front page of my forums and nothing happens. From what I can tell, it is supposed to send me to a password prompt page instead, I am supposed to enter my forum password there, and then the association takes effect.

I have tried toggling friendly URLs on/off after reading this review, but no luck:
I am altering my previous rating. This does exactly what it says it does, some things to note however. If you are using search friendly URL's on your forum, you need to change your redirect URI's to reflect that with your discord bot. You also need to tick the 'OAUTH Enabled' box in your discord bot's settings. These are not documented in the readme for the addon, or while installing and was the cause of the problems I was having with the addon.

Overall, the addon does what it says it does.

I am looking at the bot settings right now and just don't know how I can change the redirect URIs so that they'll work.

I made a video to show you the problem:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The association process doesn't work unless I perform the additional step shown at 1:57. Everything but associating works - the bot shows up in my Discord server, it syncs user groups, etc.

I made a video to show you the problem:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The association process doesn't work unless I perform the additional step shown at 1:57. Everything but associating works - the bot shows up in my Discord server, it syncs user groups, etc.
Thanks, I'll get back to you on that while I investigate and try to replicate it.

OK I just repeated the exact same process as seen in the video, no changes, except that I enabled friendly URLs before I started. The video was recorded with friendly URLs disabled. Maybe you can replicate the problem using that information. My problem is now resolved and everything seems to be working.

@The Dark Wizard i still got issue with some people that are unable to associate their account, when they associate it say missmatching redirect url, a my user affected with that, got this screen both in pc and cellphone
bug.webp

OK I just repeated the exact same process as seen in the video, no changes, except that I enabled friendly URLs before I started. The video was recorded with friendly URLs disabled. Maybe you can replicate the problem using that information. My problem is now resolved and everything seems to be working.

Sent you a PM.

@The Dark Wizard i still got issue with some people that are unable to associate their account, when they associate it say missmatching redirect url, a my user affected with that, got this screen both in pc and cellphone
View attachment 139627

Check what you put on Discord's side of things.

What you mean? on config page? The association work randomly, for some people work, for others no.

This will sound like it won't work and it may not, but this is my experience: try going into your Discord bot redirect URI settings and adding 'www.' to your redirect URIs, or remove it if it is already there. Repeat this process (add or remove the www) if any users continue to report the URI mismatch error, until no one receives the error anymore.

I just read the posts in here and this addon unfortunately sounds like it's a total mess. Would have bought it, but I don't want to beta-test an addon.

This will sound like it won't work and it may not, but this is my experience: try going into your Discord bot redirect URI settings and adding 'www.' to your redirect URIs, or remove it if it is already there. Repeat this process (add or remove the www) if any users continue to report the URI mismatch error, until no one receives the error anymore.
Your solutions worked, it was because i use both www and no-www domains, so i added the 2 url version with alternative link. Thak you a lot

I just read the posts in here and this addon unfortunately sounds like it's a total mess. Would have bought it, but I don't want to beta-test an addon.
The plugin work fine!

I can confirm this add-on is working fine. I'm glad I purchased it and I hope it continues to be maintained. I did have a very difficult time setting it up and it took a lot more troubleshooting than most add-ons I've installed, and I am unsure as to why, but now that it is working I consider the effort to have been worth it.

Top Bottom