[TAC] Auth Captcha

[TAC] Auth Captcha 1.0.3

No permission to download
Leaving it in place will do no harm, but if you previously had FaceBookRegCaptcha installed

1) Unistall FaceBookRegCaptcha via the ACP (before removing any files)
2) You can then delete the folder (and contained files): library/Tac/FaceBookRegCaptcha/ (do not delete library/Tac/ )
3) The you can install this new add-on AuthCaptcha (which replaces the functioanlity of FaceBookRegCaptcha and also includes Catpcha options for Google and Twitter registration)

Installation:
  • Upload this folder so that the contents goes into the library folder
You should now have the following folder structure:
yourforum.com/library/Tac/AuthCaptcha
Go to ACP -> Add-ons -> Install Add-on -> Install from file on server
  • Install from file on server: " library\Tac\AuthCaptcha\addon-tacAuthCaptha.xml"

@Tracy Perry

Yeah, although removing the files is not necessary

Usually updates are more straight forward, but I didn't want to leave the name as FaceBookRegCaptcha (since it now covers many Authentication areas). I also didnt want users to have to install a plugin for each area (there is not much point). Admins can turn on/off CAPTCHA for FB/Google/Twitter if they want with this add-on

So ... it had to be renamed

@Tracy Perry
Yeah, although removing the files is not necessary
Just noticed that it had changed (so deleting it just helps clean up the structure) - but inadvertently deleted the FoolHoneyPot one instead so had to upload that again. Glitchy internet - my ISP is sluggish since the storm yesterday and I use Midnight Commander from my shell. :X3:

Oh dear, I thought somebody might do that, so I did mention

2) You can then delete the folder (and contained files): library/Tac/FaceBookRegCaptcha/ >>>>>(do not delete library/Tac/ ) <<<<

:whistle:

Although, not clicking the right file can't be helped, never had an issue with coreFTP (I think it asks for a confirmation on delete)

Last edited:
Top Bottom