1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Tables to truncate before import?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Peace, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Peace

Peace Active Member

In order to test dozens of custom mods and themes, I had to create some sample data (users, threads, conversations, posts, likes, usergroups). For example, no way to see page numbers without creating a thread with 10+ posts on it, or to test auto-thread creation without creating some threads

Before importing from vB (need to retain content IDs), which XF tables will I first need to truncate? Basically just any one that the importer imports from?

Thanks!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Peace

Peace Active Member

Thanks @Brogan for the quick reply! I guess my best bet then will be to just keep developing in this installation, then export the plugins + theme. Will suck to lose the admin CP settings though - possible to bring those along?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

No, it's not possible to export/retain any settings.

It may just be worth setting up a new instance, duplicating what you already have, import the style, then take a backup.

You can then use that as the clean master should you need to do another import for any reason.