1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Sypex Dumper Install Error

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by hakuin, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hakuin

hakuin New Member

I installed Sypex Dumper and the Xenforo integration file, but in the end I got an error.

I am running XenForo 1.2.2 - I would like to upgrade to 1.2.3 but first I need to get the database backup right.

I tried to follow the install instructions exactly, but obviously I did something wrong. Besides I ended up with the sxd folder in 2 places and I don't know if or which one I have to delete.

Here's what I did.

My forum URL is http://www.bellepregnancy.com

1. Unpacked SypexDumper_207.zip

2. Uploaded the sxd folder as such to public_html

3. Set the 'backup' folder (sxd/backup) permissions to 777

4. Set the cfg.php file (sxd/cfg.php) and ses.php (sxd/ses.php) permissions to 666 (I also tried setting them to 777 with the same wrong results)

5. In cfg.php I replaced 'auth' => 'mysql cfg', with 'auth' => 'xf mysql cfg'

6. Copied the sxd folder to public_html/library

7. In my XenForo Admin CP I installed the file "addon_SypexDumper.xml

Apparently the installation was correct. I can see Sypex Dumper 2 under Tools > Backup & Restore DB, but when I click on Sypex Dumper 2 it goes to

and get the error
    The requested page could not be found.
    Strangely, the Server Error Logs at http://www.bellepregnancy.com/admin.php?logs/server-error
    No errors have been logged.
    I did a File Health Check and everything is fine.

I have no customization and my only installed addon is the above one.

I don't know what is wrong o what I can do to correct it.

Can someone help me?
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

If this is a resource, you'll need to ask in the corresponding thread.
  3. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Please do not start duplicate threads, especially after Staff tells you where to post.
    Amaury likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.