Sypex Dumper, Backup and restore your database

Sypex Dumper, Backup and restore your database

Does anyone know how to fix this error? I am getting this in the email from the cron job I set up:

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.17
Expires: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:19:19 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

Notice: Undefined property: Sypex_Dumper::$JOB (/home/MYSITE/public_html/sxd/index.php:96)Warning: file_get_contents() [<a href=\'function.file-get-contents\'>function.file-get-contents</a>]: Filename cannot be empty (/home/MYSITE/public_html/sxd/index.php:96)

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED
The problem was that I didn't change job_name with my own job name.
You can get that by clicking "save" in Sypex Dumper.

/usr/bin/php /home/site/public_html/sxd/index.php -j=job_name

First try getting it to work by manually running it from the AdminCP.

You did edit this line with your site specific info, right?

First try getting it to work by manually running it from the AdminCP.

You did edit this line with your site specific info, right?

It does work manually.

Yes,
I have: /usr/bin/php /home/MYSITE/public_html/sxd/index.php -j=job_name

Unzip "SypexDumper_209.zip" folder and upload "sxd" folder in "forum" folder.

For you, it's "forums" forlder.
Never mind...... I re-uploaded everything again and this time it shows up. I guess something didn't upload right the last time.

Of course just my luck... It never does finish backing up.

Execution stopped by user

^^ Always seem to get that.

Wow, amazing, thanks for the "addon"! I was wondering how hard would it be to integrate DropBox so that backup archives are sent to DropBox instead of a FTP?

if I add a cron, which database will be saved?
the command doesn´t specify a phpmyadmin username/password or even a database name..

if I add a cron, which database will be saved?
the command doesn´t specify a phpmyadmin username/password or even a database name..

It will be the same database that your xenforo installation uses. You don't have to specify the username/password anywhere. The command asks for a job name, see my edited post above - post #4. Hope that helps. If you need anything else just ask.

It will be the same database that your xenforo installation uses. You don't have to specify the username/password anywhere. The command asks for a job name, see my edited post above - post #4. Hope that helps. If you need anything else just ask.
my idea is to use the same cron but for make a backup of a selected database of any kind, not only xenforo

my idea is to use the same cron but for make a backup of a selected database of any kind, not only xenforo

I got this from their documentation. http://sypex.net/en/products/dumper/docs/
Hopefully this helps.

SypexDumperstarting from version 2.0.5 supports the work from the command line (console/cron).
The following arguments:
  • -h=localhost - MySQL-host
  • -o=3306 - port
  • -u=root - username
  • -p=password - password
  • -j=my_job - name of the saved job
Only argument -j with the name of the saved job required, all the rest must be specified in the event that they differ from the data stored in the config file.

I got this from their documentation. http://sypex.net/en/products/dumper/docs/
Hopefully this helps.

SypexDumperstarting from version 2.0.5 supports the work from the command line (console/cron).
The following arguments:
  • -h=localhost - MySQL-host
  • -o=3306 - port
  • -u=root - username
  • -p=password - password
  • -j=my_job - name of the saved job
Only argument -j with the name of the saved job required, all the rest must be specified in the event that they differ from the data stored in the config file.

thank you very much!

Top Bottom