1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Syntax errors on webpage, says IE 8

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by jauburn, Dec 5, 2013.

1. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

Getting the yellow exclamation point in the lower left-hand corner of IE when I enter my forum. The little arrow follow me around to every page. Here's the message text from the home page:

Webpage error details
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    Timestamp: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 12:41:49 UTC

Line: 26
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://poetrycircle.com/forum/

This is the text when you click the yellow exclamation point and copy error details.

Any idea of how to get rid of this? Thanks.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You have a JavaScript include to the main index of your forum it appears. You'll need to find that and remove it.

3. jauburn

Well, that's going to be a mystery to me, then. I haven't included anything myself. I do have some plugins installed.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Disable them one by one to see which one causes it.

5. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

It seems you've got an open script tag inside a script tag.
    Code:
      <script>
    <!-- Google Analytics -->
    <script>
      (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
      (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
      m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
      })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-46123108-1', 'poetrycircle.com');
      ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>
    Try to delete the <script> above <!-- Google Analytics -->.

Adam Howard and jauburn like this.
  6. jauburn

Thanks. You are brilliant!