1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

symfony - can anyone offer feedback?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ryan Kent, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

http://www.symfony-project.org/

I am seeking a solid framework to develop a website, and possibly other projects such as add-ons. Symfony was recommended and I wanted to ask the community if any developers were familiar with the software and had any feedback to share.

2. igneous

igneous Member

WordPress.

3. Danny.VBT

Danny.VBT Active Member

I've heard good thing about symfony, especially it's upcoming 2.0 branch; however, I haven't used it myself. I suppose it depends what exactly you are looking for.

Right now, I'm using Zend Framework as the underlying architecture for my current project. Although I'm please for the most part, I'm not too satisfied with its modular approach. But if you just need some components to save time, Zend Framework is really easy to adopt in that regard.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I've never used symfony. However, if your developing add-ons... Use Zend. Its part of the core software, and will make everything so much better for yourself in the long run. It may take a bit to get used to the ropes, but its better for XenForo.

Blandt likes this.
  5. Ryan Kent

6. ragtek

ragtek Guest

7. Danny.VBT

Danny.VBT Active Member

framework.zend.com has the download, docs, and further information regarding Zend Framework.

8. Ryan Kent

Which would you recommend? Sorry, I have no familiarity as of yet and I prefer to ask rather then guess.
    Zend Framework Full Package

Zend Framework + Zend Server Community Edition(CE)

9. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The framework is what you want. The server is basically Apache but built for optimal PHP.

Ryan Kent likes this.