liko881

I have updated the forum to version 2
Did not like
There is no backup version of the database
Is it possible to go back to the old xenforo 1.5 version again
May be
Like that
xenforo ---> vbulletin -----> xenforo 1.5

XenForo 1.5 has been EOL for quite some time ...

Stick with 2.2, it is way better in countless aspects and it is supported.

Converting XenForo 2.2 to vBulletin and then importing this to 1.5 is just ... completely crazy 😱

It most likely would not work anyway as you would need a recent vBulletin Version to be able to import XenForo 2.2 and XenForo 1.5 most likely would not be able to import from such a version.
Furthermore you would most likely loose all indexed URLs.

Last edited:
Is it in admin CP where you have trouble? Or in the forum aesthetic?
i have the same issues too, while xf2 maybe better since its newer in terms of functionality, in terms of aesthetics is a complete garbage . even if you look at premium professional styles they are trash too. i played with it trying to make it similar to my xf1 and found it very hard to do it, there are no "building blocks" as they were in xf1 making the whole site looking flat and poor

Wanting to do this is wrong on so many levels, therefore, there is no easy way to do it. You're clearly not an expert admin who can navigate the significant technical challenges in achieving this, so you'll have to either pay someone to do it for you, or perhaps pay someone to skin XF2 to look like XF1. Good luck. Or just take the sensible option and stay with XF2, no luck needed.

i have the same issues too, while xf2 maybe better since its newer in terms of functionality, in terms of aesthetics is a complete garbage . even if you look at premium professional styles they are trash too. i played with it trying to make it similar to my xf1 and found it very hard to do it, there are no "building blocks" as they were in xf1 making the whole site looking flat and poor

If you can setup a test forum XF2 send me a private message with the link and I can try to help you modify the aesthetics. Will work best if you currently have an xf1 example forum that we can cross reference. This could be an opportunity for me to practice my editing skills. I also enjoy simplistic aesthetic.

You can pretty much make a custom XF2 style look identical to custom XF1 style.

I think you're extrapolating from one really bad example or something.

Top Bottom