• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[SurreyForum] XenKingDir: Link / Business Directory (Directory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Any progress on being able to add images to the listing - also would it be possible to add a blog feed like I have now on the members directory I have in WP - as I'd rather use the forum generated one ?

The address is here screen shot below

Screen shot 2012-01-22 at 16.20.54.webp

You can add an image to a listing with the 1st post

I aim to integrate the 1st post within the map section, making the following posts "review comments" (I'll make this an option, for users that don't want this).
But if the 1st post is integrated, then just exposing a "upload image" button will work (to-do).

I still also need to add images to categories, its on the to-do list

The integrated first post would be great ... I can put my image there or images as categories ...

Excellent .... Is there anyway to pull the blog feed in I use within the first post ?

Excellent .... Is there anyway to pull the blog feed in I use within the first post ?
I assume you want to link to all of your blog feed items, this might be a bit tricker since there really isnt a "custom" place to put it within the map area

How / where would you add it?

This sounds like something you could/ should be able to do by editing the template

At the moment we use a wordpress plugin to list the last 10 or so blog items from any feed that we enter as a parameter

Tenants, I have a couple suggestions (which I am willing to fund to speed up the process of development)

If a user enters nothing into the original post information, can the whole top part of the listing disappear?

Is there a way to make it so you can post to top level categories, but when you click on them they show the most recent posts from all the subcategories?

Is there a way to customize each main category's totals? Some I want to display the post count and some I do not.

Let me know because this add-on is adding a lot of value to my site, and these additions could add a lot more.

If a user enters nothing into the original post information, can the whole top part of the listing disappear?
Then it would be just a "thread" view, but I can do this... It would be better if this "thread" view was for non thread owners (and thread owners get to see links to "edit you details, add a logo/img etc"

Is there a way to make it so you can post to top level categories, but when you click on them they show the most recent posts from all the subcategories?
Well that feature is already existing,
Since now you have "categories" and users can add multiple categories, so if you add all the listing to the parent category they will appear in both ;)

Is there a way to customize each main category's totals? Some I want to display the post count and some I do not.
Not yet, but I can see this would be useful, will add to the "to do" list

I have just gone live with this mod but had to do a great amount of rework to suit my needs however, the mod is so well done by Tenants that it can be changed to suit a great number of different types of applications.

Well done Mate!

What I wanted was to have a dedicated section of my site to Aircraft. It needed a landing page that I can create different presentations each week like announcing new aircraft etc and then have a listing system of all different aircraft and the information of each one.

So, I have included both a logo (top left of the listing) and an image in the center, the image and video stay the same size, links to other areas of the site specific to the entry and much more.

You can see what I have done with this great mod here (the landing page is still to be completed and there is one entry so far in the first category):
http://www.aircraftpilots.com/index.php?directory

Thanks Tenants...just need to be able to make this mod have multi instance capabilities as I can think of many other areas on my site that I can use the same mod for...when it is in Gold release status, expect a donation mate!

So, I have included both a logo (top left of the listing) and an image in the center, the image and video stay the same size, links to other areas of the site specific to the entry and much more.

Can you tell me how you cleared the "categories listed under" section on viewing a listing? this is the bot thats causing me asthetic issues.

I just removed that part of the template...

There's no point including my template as it is completely different due to the changing of many of the fields...what the heck, attached is my sfdirectory_map_view template.

Attachments

Then it would be just a "thread" view, but I can do this... It would be better if this "thread" view was for non thread owners (and thread owners get to see links to "edit you details, add a logo/img etc"

Well that feature is already existing,
Since now you have "categories" and users can add multiple categories, so if you add all the listing to the parent category they will appear in both ;)

Not yet, but I can see this would be useful, will add to the "to do" list

For the 'just a thread view' what is powerful about your mod is not just the inner thread mods, but also how you organize it. The listing is very Craigslist like. I think the idea you suggested is makes sense. For non thread owners if no extra bits are posted it just shows as a normal thread.

I am afraid I don't understand how the not posting in top level categories works?

Awesome on the third one! Excited!

I just removed that part of the template...

There's no point including my template as it is completely different due to the changing of many of the fields...what the heck, attached is my sfdirectory_map_view template.
thanks, that really really helped me. I was able to create a template that I suggested a few weeks ago. Just another quick question - when you upgrade do your teplates get overwritten?

I copy and paste each template into a text file, revert the templates, upgrade and then compare the new upgraded templates to my text files making any changes necessary

From what I've see of others using this plug-in, a small number of categories is not that rare (I'll try to make a more acceptable view when there are only 10s of categores and no sub categories)

For now, for the directory page, you can update the css template named: sfdirectory.css

To change the font size, modify:

Code:
.dirContainer h3 a:link, h3 a:visited {
    color: #6CB2E4;
    font-size: 16pt; // modify here
    margin-bottom: 5px;
    padding-bottom: 2px;
}

Does this code still exist? I would like to increase the font size and it doesn't seem to take effect.

directory.webp

Just having another play and I have a site with a logo that is 364x82. I expected it to reduce down to fit in the logo box at a reduced size but keeping its aspect ratio.
However, its scaled it as follows 364px × 82px (scaled to 222px × 200px). Needless to say it looks rather silly. Can this be adjusted please so that images keep their aspects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom