• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[SurreyForum] XenKingDir: Link / Business Directory (Directory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, this will fix your issue:

copy and paste over: XenKingDir\ControllerPublic\Directory.php
and update the template sfdirectory_index to the attached version

This fix will be in the next bulid for those that can wait

Could you add the ability to list email and other contact information?

As well the ability for a category to either be abel to contain posts or not? I want someone to be able to post in X >> Y, not X itself (if that makes sense).

I'm going to add a custom fields option (if I can, by the end of the weekend), so you could use one of the custom fields for emails

There is already a "Contact This Business" option which links to the private message area.
This is the safer than allowing users to add emails, since it prevents spiders from leaching email addresses from your site.

However, if you decide you want to update a custom field to allow users to directly add an email address to their business listing, you can (you may also want to turn the Contact This Business" option off from the Admin Control Panel)

I think the other thing you mentioned is to have directories that are locked / non-postable (for instance, top level directories) << I'll add this one to my to do list

I'm going to add a custom fields option (if I can, by the end of the weekend), so you could use one of the custom fields for emails

There is already a "Contact This Business" option which links to the private message area.
This is the safer than allowing users to add emails, since it prevents spiders from leaching email addresses from your site.

However, if you decide you want to update a custom field to allow users to directly add an email address to their business listing, you can (you may also want to turn the Contact This Business" option off from the Admin Control Panel)

I think the other thing you mentioned is to have directories that are locked / non-postable (for instance, top level directories) << I'll add this one to my to do list

Couple other ideas for you that my users and I have come up with:

Time sensitive postings (that delete themselves after a certain point).
Have the total number of posts listed next to each directory name. Very nice and easy to tell if a directory is empty.
Now, this next one might be VERY complicated but:
I have some main directories (so big categories) and then sub categories. I would prefer people not post in the main directories, BUT it would be nice if the main directory showed a short list (10 or so... maybe user definable) of the latest threads in all sub categories (so a nice little summary).
The ability to allow no replies (this is probably a permissions setting and I will work on this if it is).
Multiple category postings.

Update to XenKingDir_v1.0.9

Users can now add custom fields (I've had to re-arrange the map a little bit)
There is now also a link to a full scale map

Pics:

Attachments

• custom1.webp
    custom1.webp
    104.9 KB · Views: 30
  • custom2.webp
    custom2.webp
    91.6 KB · Views: 29
  • custom3.webp
    custom3.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 29
Yes, you can do this as Admin (Or a Mod), but yes your Admin avatar will be shown

that is actually the issue:
if you add let's say e.g. 100 companies by yourself as Admin, and it always shows your same Admin-avatar as creator of the entry, this does not look good as everyone will recognize that not the company itself created that entry. So marketing-wise and psychology-wise not good to get the forum off the ground and to get new companies signing up.
If a company-entry could be created without showing the avatar, that would be much better. And then allowing a company to claim that thread and start posting into the thread.....

Update to XenKingDir_v1.0.9

User can now add custom fields (I've had to re-arrange the map a little bit)
There is now also a link to a full scall map

Fantastic! Thanks for all the hard work you have been putting into this addon!

I see it on your board as well as mine. I disabled the addon at my site until the issue is resolved.

I've spotted the issue (works fine when there are 3 rows on each line, which is why I didn't see it.. .but I didnt teminate the div when there are only 1 or 2 elements on the last line)

I will put a fix up tonight (this requires a change to the php, this is not a template issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom