Support only option

Snog

While I've been able to accomplish this through a template modification on my site, it would be nice if there was an option to change a "purchase" resource type to "support only". This would retain the ability to issue updates here, but prevents new purchases.

supportonly.webp

Upvote 7
As a workaround, you could create a category "Support only", and assign user groups to that category. Make sure those user groups are not available for purchase any more.

I've already accomplished this on my site. It's more for here (and other sites maybe) where it might be useful. But a category might work too.

I've already accomplished this on my site. It's more for here (and other sites maybe) where it might be useful. But a category might work too.

I totally agree as I hate clicking on the Purchase URL for something I already purchased just to get the update and the developer has the link set to add the click to add item to their basket! ;) That's if I understood this correctly.

I totally agree as I hate clicking on the Purchase URL for something I already purchased just to get the update and the developer has the link set to add the click to add item to their basket! ;) That's if I understood this correctly.
Yes and no.

You would still need to go to the developer's site to get the update because it's a premium (paid) add-on. But you would still receive notices that there's been an update from here.

As it is now, if an add-on is no longer for sale it needs to be deleted from the RM here. There's no middle ground where an add-on is no longer for sale, but is still supported for current owners.

Top Bottom