Support has been great!

ibrian

Just wanted to post how much I've valued the support here.

Coming from vb3, it's been a long struggle deciding which way to upgrade my forums. Because I've been using it for such a long time (and at one time had 20 vb3 forums running) it also means been a little stuck in my ways.

I choose xenforo at least partially for the support - I haven't seen a development community like this since YaBB SE - everyone is generally friendly, and helpful - and unlike a certain other development forum, emails are answered in a more than timely manner. :)

Getting used to the admin and styling has been a pain, not least through a couple of misunderstandings, but I'm getting ready to import my big board to xf on Sunday, and expect my members will be happy with the decision.

I know there's a lot of focus on software and features, but I wanted to especially say thank you to the staff - and other board admins - who have been happy to provide great support so far.

Long may it continue, and I hope I settle in here - and become a part of that community help. :)

We recently swopped a big forum over that has been on VB for 7 years. Loads of moans for the first couple of days, (people hate change) but once they start using it they quickly realise that it is much more useable than VB and everything has been very positive since (y)

We recently swopped a big forum over that has been on VB for 7 years. Loads of moans for the first couple of days, (people hate change) but once they start using it they quickly realise that it is much more useable than VB and everything has been very positive since (y)

totally. After being on vbulletin for 10 years we had moans and groans ("I'm leaving! This site is going down the toilet!"), but then something I've never seen happen before - the moaners and groaners came BACK to the complaint threads to say "i was wrong, this software's awesome". Never seen that before. Lol. And a big part of that is the awesome support and developer community here, that's allowed me to be so responsive to user's bug reports and feature requests (and of course the fact that the software's awesome). :)

Good luck @ibrian you won't regret your decision!

Top Bottom