XF 1.1 Super Moderators usergroup from import?

scarletto

From using the vBulletin 4 to XF 1.1 importer, I recently noticed that a Super Moderators usergroup is created during the import. That is, unless I am missing something here and a supermod usergroup was added in 1.1.2...

All smods from vB import into this usergroup with Super Moderators as their primary. However, the checkbox for Moderating ... isn't.

The smods do list out correctly as Supermoderators in Users > Moderators.

I don't want to cause future headaches for myself leaving this imported usergroup in place. Would it make more sense to move all these people to the Moderating usergroup, select as Supermod, redo their permissions one by one, then delete this "extra" usergroup?

Thanks for any guidance.

Yes that group is from the import.

The default is for all users to be in Registered as their primary. Then you can add secondary groups like Moderating where appropriate.

If you delete the imported group then it will automatically move all primary members of that group to Registered. That is what I recommend.

The default is for all users to be in Registered as their primary. Then you can add secondary groups like Moderating where appropriate.
Thank you for the reply, Jake. I read about Permissions the other day, as well as the Understanding Permissions thread, and it did help, but I'm still having one heck of a time grasping the concept.

I'll admit I was hoping to avoid having to redo all the admins/smods/mods to have Registered as their primary because I am so short on time for this migration, but I guess I'd better get started.

One more question - Any suggestions on what to do about banned users that got imported into a "Banned" usergroup? There are over 200 users in this usergroup.

Thanks.

You could delete the banned group too. XF tracks banned users with a separate system, not with usergroups. Although there is an option to specify a banned group if you wish:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> User Discouragement and Discipline -> Add User Group on Ban

Top Bottom