1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Super Moderators, ACP Access

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Static-Xbox, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Static-Xbox

Static-Xbox Active Member

I'm getting ready to import a large forum from vB3 to XenForo, but this board uses Super Moderators as a sort of mini-Administrator role, wherein they are capable of banning members and editing member profiles to remove offensive content or change usernames. This hasn't been an issue with the other boards I have ported to XenForo, since Administrators tend to handle that side of things, but the structure of this board requires these actions (the old board also has a distinctive SMod username/title markup, which I know can be done by simply creating a new usergroup and placing them in it [btw, should that be a primary or a secondary group?]).

Is it possible to accomplish this with XenForo as it is now? I found some old threads that seemed to indicate it was not possible, but these were XenForo 1.1-era threads, so I wanted to check and see if that might have changed between 1.1 and 1.4 and I've simply overlooked something.

Thanks for your time!
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

A user has to be an administrator to gain access to the ACP.

Editing of member profiles is available to moderators, but not banning, although that can be achieved via a Warning Action.
    Static-Xbox likes this.
  3. Static-Xbox

Static-Xbox Active Member

That's pretty much what I thought. Thanks, Brogan! :)