XF 2.0 Super Admin

thenashy

I'm having trouble setting a super admin in XF2.

In my config in src/config.php I have the following line;

$config['superAdmins'] = '1976';

This still displays the message that I don't have super admin rights.

I have edited my username in xf_admin and replaced the 0 with a 1 under is_super_admin.

So my next question is When I go into xf_admin, is_super_admin, My id is already set at 1, but I want to make 3 more Admins, Super Admins.
Question: When I go into xf_admin, Under their Id's, is_super_admin is set at 0, Should I set this to 2,3 and 4 to make them all Super Admins?
or is there more to it? Please let me know and thank you for your time.

So my next question is When I go into xf_admin, is_super_admin, My id is already set at 1, but I want to make 3 more Admins, Super Admins.
Question: When I go into xf_admin, Under their Id's, is_super_admin is set at 0, Should I set this to 2,3 and 4 to make them all Super Admins?
or is there more to it? Please let me know and thank you for your time.
All you need to do is go into the Admin control panel and change their admin status to Super instead of regular. See image.

super admin.webp

All you need to do is go into the Admin control panel and change their admin status to Super instead of regular. See image.

View attachment 222404
Ok I did what you said and all four of us are now marked as super Admins However when any of the other 3 ( now being marked as super admin ) try to log into the AP they should be able to go and do everything I do But when they try to go to the ( for example ) Groups & Permissions/Staff/Administrators they get this message ( You must be a super administrator to access this page. This can be configured in the Administrators section of the Admin CP. ) So it appears just changing the AP does not do the trick so now Im back to my first question,
In the CP/admin I show all 4 of us however under the is_super_admin, I am marked as number 1, the other three are marked as 0, My question is should I mark the other 3 as 2 , 3 , and 4 and leave myself as 1 or is there something else I am missing.
Please let me know and thank you for your time in this matter.

The database should be updated when selecting the super admin radio button and saving.

Does it work when you disable all add-ons?

If not, submit a ticket with ACP, FTP, and phpMyAdmin, or cPanel access so we can take a look.

I do have a question based back on this topic
I have the same request. I want to create two backup admin accounts in case I get hit by a bus. I have admin for myself, I want to create admin2 & admin3 to be identical and give those people the password. I have vanilla 2.1 installed with no addons. What are the proper steps to do this? Thanks.

Create the new accounts and promote them to super admin status.
Thank you. I know this is asking too much, but just 3rd day in and exhausted from sleepless nights. 1. While creating the account, do I need to check any of the "admin" or "mod" buttons? 2. How to exactly "promote" user? I see "user group promotions" but doesn't feel like I'm in the right area. Thank you.

If the account is set as a super admin, all ACP functions are available.

If you also want the accounts to be moderators, you will need to promote them to moderator status also and set the moderator permissions as required.

Administrators are set here: admin.php?admins/
Moderators here: admin.php?moderators/

Top Bottom