1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SUGGESTIONS] MailChimp integration

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by giorgino, Oct 30, 2010.

1. giorgino

giorgino Well-Known Member

For large communities, periodically newsletters are one core function. And there isn't real newsletter activity without professional mailing services.

MailChimp, Aweber and Constant Contact are the three most used mailing system.
    Solozzo, Raja, Jeffin and 3 others like this.
  2. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

I have Mailchimp integration with my VB and I'm looking forward to one with XF as well. The members when sign up for the forum have the option to subscribe to the newsletter as well.
  3. giorgino

Hi Andy for vB have you used the BestRecipe plugin?
  4. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

You betcha. That's the only one around for VB.
    I modified it quite a bit to fit my need. Mailchimp API is quite good so I suppose we can easily do it with XF
  5. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

I like this suggestion as well! I have a small community and only send out a newsletter three times a year, but it would be great to have this integration.

Currently I import my email addresses from my forums and add them to my MailChimp listing making note of the users that don't want to get emails from me. It's a round about process that I would greatly love to reduce! :)

6. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

I was planning to write this myself if nobody else does.
    The old VB-Mailchimp plugin makes use of custom user profile fields and XF currently do not support it. So it all depends on if the final XF will have user profile fields.
    Solozzo, Shelley, Jamie and 1 other person like this.
  7. giorgino

Great! :)
  8. Simon

Simon Active Member

I am just like Jamie, send only a few newsletters each year but this would save a lot of time of when doing so.
  9. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Simon: does xenLetter not fit the bill for "a few newsletters per year" ?
  10. giorgino

Like newsletter, yes. But not for deliver 20.000 newsletter dribling spam filters
  11. Solozzo

Solozzo Member

It's a great news. :)
  12. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

13. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Jamie likes this.
  14. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post Andy! I use MailChimp and am very pleased to see this integration!

15. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

Php list is still good if you have all of your settings tweaked just right, do it wrong and hello spam folder.
  16. giorgino

Andy you're an hero! :)
  17. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

I think that mailchimp/aweber are NOT a good solution for forum newsletter...They are builded for professional infomarketers and the DEM market, for persons that want a professional use of e-mail marketing. For a medium/large forum it's just too expensive.
  18. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

What about an Aweber email list integration? I would to add any new members to my forum to join an aweber list automatically.