1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for a server optimization guru?

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by nothingatall, Jan 19, 2016.

1. nothingatall

nothingatall Member

I'm looking to hire someone to help me optimize my server setup (Linode VPS, 4gb) where my knowledge is weak for a Xenforo install. Sorry if this is the wrong place in the forum to post this. Really I'd like to hire someone for a few hours of work to help me make sure everything is set-up right (I'm guessing updates will be suggested), make and implement any recommendations, and help get my server ready for a launch.

Please reach out if available with price quotes and your background in this kind of work.

Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
    mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.46
    PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.21 with Suhosin-Patch (cli)
    memcached 1.4.13
    xenforo 1.4.2
    Elasticsearch 0.90.7
  2. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

I highly recommend @MattW. He is awesome to work with and really knows his stuff.
  3. ozzy47

ozzy47 Well-Known Member

Agreed, MattW is top notch.
  4. nothingatall

nothingatall Member

Thank to both!

I've started talking with him about the project!
    ozzy47 likes this.
  5. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

I've got a number of performance related add-ons, but they generally only impact large active boards. Otherwise XenForo itself doesn't require tuning except for setting up a cache and ensuring php opcode caching is enabled.

MySQL 5.6 (or MariaDB 10.x) are getting to have sane defaults, which makes for a nice change. But you still want to get someone to check.