Lack of interest [Suggestion] Who downloaded/viewed?

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

KURTZ

just like the title said, i'm wondering if it's possible to make easily, the possibility to allow the members to see who has downloaded or viewed a specific attachment ...

edit: or simply add the attach's total hits.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Putting 50 candles on a cake is pretty easy too, but not needed when you're only 5 years old. :)

I think for resource sites it would be a handy feature to have. I know I could personal use this. Maybe have it like the "likes" display where it's say the first 3 names and then x amount of others?

I don't think I would care "who" downloaded it. But knowing how many views something had is interesting. Doesn't it already do that?

I think for resource sites it would be a handy feature to have. I know I could personal use this. Maybe have it like the "likes" display where it's say the first 3 names and then x amount of others?
exactly Shelley ... :)

note. i bumped this thread cause i'm curious to know who (and how many users) downloaded your smileys ... :p

I didn't see her mention a reason because curiosity.

I don't think (but that's just my opinion) that it's worth the clutter, just to satisfy the incidental curious peek.

What benefits does it have who downloaded an attachment?
One I can think of (and I have to say it's probably a limited case, so perhaps add-on would be best) is if you're making something available for download and want to ensure certain members obtained the document.

Or if you're selling a style or something, you can just have XF manage the view/download rather than creating your own script to do it. It's a special case though so I'm not sure about having it default would make sense, but if it can with no real impact on resources it could enhance it just a bit. :)

What benefits does it have who downloaded an attachment?

What if your rules are in an attachment an you make it clear that all must grab the rules document or something else along those lines. Things like that are very obscure ways to see who actually is interested in keeping the community nicey nice and to see who is there to pillage and leave.

Top Bottom