1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Who downloaded/viewed?

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by KURTZ, Aug 6, 2010.

1. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

just like the title said, i'm wondering if it's possible to make easily, the possibility to allow the members to see who has downloaded or viewed a specific attachment ...

edit: or simply add the attach's total hits.
    ---MAD--- likes this.
  2. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

That can be a looong list.
  3. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

bump for a little update @ the first post :)
  4. Floris

Floris Guest

I don't think this is really important to know or have. My 2c :)
  5. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

maybe not, but i think which this can be done easily ... :)
  6. Floris

Floris Guest

Putting 50 candles on a cake is pretty easy too, but not needed when you're only 5 years old. :)
  7. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I think for resource sites it would be a handy feature to have. I know I could personal use this. Maybe have it like the "likes" display where it's say the first 3 names and then x amount of others?
  8. Floris

Floris Guest

I don't think I would care "who" downloaded it. But knowing how many views something had is interesting. Doesn't it already do that?
  9. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

exactly Shelley ... :)

note. i bumped this thread cause i'm curious to know who (and how many users) downloaded your smileys ... :p
  10. Floris

Floris Guest

The attachment in the first post says: views: 14.
    So it has been downloaded 14 times?
    KURTZ likes this.
  11. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

my fault, i don't saw it ... anyway i still interested in 'who downloaded' ... :)
  12. Floris

Floris Guest

What benefits does it have who downloaded an attachment?
  13. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

just like Shelley has previously said ... and why not: curiosity ... :)
  14. Floris

Floris Guest

I didn't see her mention a reason because curiosity.

I don't think (but that's just my opinion) that it's worth the clutter, just to satisfy the incidental curious peek.
  15. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

One I can think of (and I have to say it's probably a limited case, so perhaps add-on would be best) is if you're making something available for download and want to ensure certain members obtained the document.

Or if you're selling a style or something, you can just have XF manage the view/download rather than creating your own script to do it. It's a special case though so I'm not sure about having it default would make sense, but if it can with no real impact on resources it could enhance it just a bit. :)
  16. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

What if your rules are in an attachment an you make it clear that all must grab the rules document or something else along those lines. Things like that are very obscure ways to see who actually is interested in keeping the community nicey nice and to see who is there to pillage and leave.