Implemented [Suggestion] Similar Threads

Neutral Singh

I do not see similar threads showing up in topic on xF... i think it is a very important feature to get back some very old yet interesting debates. The similar threads in vB are very basic. You can not show them except in showthreads and you can not even configure the number of threads you want to be shown in each thread. You can either show them below the navbar or at the bottom of the topics so if there are replies to the thread then similar threads go down at the end of the topic.

I am still no sure of xF template system but I would like to have Similar Threads, which i can show anywhere like in the postbit right alongwith the first post of the topic on all pages or at the bottom of first post or even a right side-bar...

Thanks

Upvote 61
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I hope @Mike is paying attention to this feature. After installing the add-on on most of my forums we are having great feedback. Members are browsing the threads that are listed at the end, finding new members who haven't posted in awhile and then trying to get in touch with them.

This is really something you guys need to add into the core.

I hope @Mike is paying attention to this feature. After installing the add-on on most of my forums we are having great feedback. Members are browsing the threads that are listed at the end, finding new members who haven't posted in awhile and then trying to get in touch with them.

@Mike I hope too!

Same here, this was an add-on we lost when moving from phpBB3, and since adding it back in with the XF add-on, it's very popular with our members.

This really needs to be in the core. Its essential to have, because without it you will be hit by a neverending tsunami of duplicate threads. At least on active boards.

The lack of similar threads is the biggest thing stopping us from upgrading to XF2, so I really hope this appears in XF2.1 :).

Top Bottom