• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Implemented [Suggestion] Signature options:

EQnoble

I just started playing with my sig and got to thinking about signature options in particular. ( If you have too, please say your signature option idea in this thread)

It would be nice to be able to limit a users signature to display only on their first post per display page and have that be another option besides just display / don't display signatures.
    Also I know a few people would probably like to not display my sig as it is gaudy right now so they might like when they click my avatar on the overlay user box *membercard to have an option to display / don't display this users signature.
    Another great option would be to disable Signatures for all members, but have Sigs enabled for certain members who are willing to pay for having it show up.
    Already do-able

If you can think of any other signature options ,
please post and I will add to the thread starter as a quote,
supporters of anyones suggestions here, put the corresponding number,
examples: +1 ( .5 ) or +1 ( .1 .2 .3 ) or ( +1 : .1 .2 .3 ) or something similar in nomenclature

Please Don't forget to like this post if you like ANY of the suggestions,
and don't forget to mark the appropriate bullet-ed signature suggestion #
also please only make one post in this thread, use the edit button to make your update and notify of your changes with...
example: updated:8/31 to help more accurately count votes.

This is what the people said:
Suggestion #
  1. votes = 1
  2. votes = 2
  3. votes = 2
  4. votes = 2
  5. votes = 2
  6. votes = 1
Will be updated with replies of support and I assume since your suggesting something that you are in fact voting for it and have made my votes by notating here rather than adding to this post.
updated: 9/01 @ 8:19 am EST
update reason: grammar and layout

---MAD---

Or possibly show just the thread starters signature?

Maybe an option to disable images in signatures via usercp (ie users on slower connections or data limited packages)?

erich37

Another great option would be to disable Signatures for all members, but have Sigs enabled for certain members who are willing to pay for having it show up.

Ingenious

I would imagine signatures can be configured to show/not show for certain usergroups viewing the forum, and to allow/disallow signatures for certain usergroups too (eg. on my forum, signatures can only be used by paying advertisers).

However I like the idea above of being able - as a member not a mod - to NOT show selected members signatures to you (in case any member has a signature you don't like). Downside of this is probably adds a bit of bloat to the code?

Grover

I just started playing with my sig and got to thinking about signature options in particular. ( If you have too, please say your signature option idea in this thread)
We definitely need some kind of restrictions in the ACP for signatures.

Just look at this real-life example overhere at xenforo.com:
sig unlimited.png

... you can not even make out what the post is anymore:
  1. There is no whitespace between the actual post and the sig-divider line,
  2. The sig-divider line is rather light-coloured to begin with (but that shouldn't be a problem if there was more white space above it),
  3. Point 1 +2 have nothing to do with sig-restrictions, but point 3 has
    : since it is -apparently- possible to post QUOTE bbcode in your signature, it becomes even harder to distinguish the actual post contents from the signature. The focus should always be on the post-content (stating the obvious here), but user's have too much options inside their signature now which can result in hard to read threads (yes I know I can turn sigs of completely, but this is not the point)...